“Great chicken + unusual waffles=excellent meal”

Dame's Chicken & Waffles
Ranked #10 of 780 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Meaty wings with crispy coating atop some eclectic waffle creations. Very satisfying meal. Would have gotten 5 stars if the service was faster. Expect to wait but at least they take your cell number so you can wander away.

1  Thank Paul K
There are newer reviews for Dame's Chicken & Waffles

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

As a visitor from TN...... Oh that we had a place like this in TN where one could find such great food! It was the whole package.... Fabulously cooked, flavorful beyond flavor! I had the orange honey mustard chicken and waffle and the combo of flavors was amazing! And we must have timed it right.... no wait on a Thursday around 12:30. I can't wait to visit again and bring the rest of my family!

1  Thank GrandMoomie
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My sister had a craving for grits so we found ourselves at Dame's Chicken & Waffles on a Friday afternoon. I didn't know chicken & waffles could be served so many different ways. I love the concept and the food was very good too. I ordered the Buff Brahmas, which was 2 fried chicken cutlets with a whiskey cream sauce drizzled on them over a plain waffle that had been "shmeared" with a peach butter. That really was enough, but I ate some greens too. I loved them, spicy & tart.
We were served immediately and the waitress was polite. My sister said that she has seen 2 hour waits at this place...so I guess just go when it's not busy, like during the middle of the week I suppose, if you want to get in and out.

1  Thank PSWPharmD
Reviewed August 18, 2012

A couple friends and I went on a Friday evening to celebrate a friend's birthday. The best place to park is up the street and around the corner in the Corcoran Street Garage. There is no charge for parking during most of the weekend. We were told by our hostess there would be a 45 min. wait. There is standing room only inside the restaurant while waiting for a table, however, if the weather is nice there is a long bench outside in front of the restaurant on the sidewalk which will seat several people. Our table became available in 40 mins. Our hostess and waitress were very polite. Our waitress knew their menu well and she did a good job. Everything we ate was absolutely delicious, so the wait was worth it! Looking forward to going back and trying something different on the menu.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

What's not to like about FRIED chicken and sweet waffles with flavored butter????

If you don't like this, you don't like food.
Dame's could definitely improve on their service. It can be slow and more than once I've received the wrong order or not had my order put in.

Been to Dame's Chicken & Waffles? Share your experiences!