“Great customer service”

Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is an excellent location because its close to the airport. The facility is very clean. guest service is excellent. Jessica, was excellent.
We stay ay Hilton Gardens most of the time because we enjoy their cooked to order breakfast, however, we were surprised that this property was very limited in their buffet Selections to add to your plate. We were also disappointed that their airport shuttle doesn't start until after 7am and ends by 10pm. We generally choose hotels close to the airport to take advantage of their free shuttle. I had a 6:30am flight and 11:30pm return, and therefore couldn't use the shuttle. This inconvenience would cause me to choose a different hotel property that could accommodate early morning and late night shuttle rides.
Lastly, the beds are pretty hard. They have sleigh style beds and therefore there is just a mattress on top of a hard piece of wood. You can adjust the firmness of the bed but even turned all the way to soft the bed was still rock hard.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I always stay here and I love this place. It's convienent to everything around the RTP area. It's comfortable and quiet and once in awhile you even get a room with a small balcony. It's nice on a warm night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The staff was friendly, very attentive and helpful. The check-in process was quick and efficient. Accommodations were on par with other hotels of its type. Even though the menu was limited... The in-hotel restaurant was not bad at all. I definitely will stay at this hotel again and would recommend it for business or leisure.

Room Tip: The platform bed took some getting use to. Memory foam mattress on top of a platofrm, all beit comfo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stay at the Hilton because the beds are comfortable. I was here for business so I didn't have the time or patience to ask for another room. The bed was like a brick and I had a hard time sleeping. The next morning I checked out and was informed it was a new bed that has a dial that no one explained upon check in. I will say that the staff was very friendly, the rooms were average and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here to catch a morning flight. The hotel didn't charge us to leave a car parked there for a week - which was very nice. The hotel has an airport shuttle - but it doesn't always run. The desk clerk said she didn't get advanced notice - it just varied as to whether they had a shuttle or not. we were headed to the airport and - you guessed it - it was one of those "not" days. We needed 2 cabs and the clerk called and got them quickly. She paid for one of them since the shuttle wasn't running. I figured paying for a cab was not a big deal since they weren't charging me to leave a car. When we returned the shuttle was running so it was not a problem.

The hotel itself was pretty standard. They had a family reunion that had a lot of people in the lobby and hanging around. However it was generally pretty quiet and convenient.

My only advice is to clarify the shuttle issue if you need it.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel and room is nicely decorated. Complimentary bottled water upon check-in and coffee provided in the lobby. Free wi-fi with a strong signal. The room had a mini-microwave and a mini-fridge. Nice bright lighting around the room. The only area that was too dark was the cubby where the coffee pot was kept. The light near the door wasn't enough to light that area. The adjustable bed and many pillows was very comfortable, but the platform the mattress was on creaked every time you moved. Had a room on the back side of the hotel on the third floor. I was awakened the second morning by banging outside from some sort of delivery truck. The occasional trains passing by in the back did not disturb our sleep. They leave earplugs on the night stand should you need them for sleep. The majority of the staff was friendly, confident and displayed a sincere effort to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. There was a bit of a glitch with the tv stations in our room, which required my husband to watch the game in the bar, while the problem was being fixed. We were given vouchers for breakfast the following morning, which was a nice gesture, making up for the tv issue. They have a nice variety for their breakfast buffet, which costs $10.95. The restaurant area is large and comfortable. This hotel is conveniently located off I40.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for a day while in Durham. The rooms are very nice, updated and clean. The check-in/out staff was courteous and professional. Free wifi was available and there was plenty of parking. We got an outstanding price since we were staying on a Friday and this hotel seems to cater to business travelers. The only complaint I had was that there was some traffic noise at night given that the highway was close to the hotel. It wasn't constant, but it did bother my sleep a little since I'm not used to it. It seems like this would be a problem on the front or backside of the building, though I was on the front side.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends