Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center
Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Needed to stay overnight due a surgical procedure. Coudn't of asked for a nicer room. We had a king bed, microwave, refrigerator and computer work station also an nice size flat sceen tv. Great rates and a convenient location to the Dr's office. Would stay again in a heart beat. We had room 108.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MASHERER
Robin A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review. I'm glad you enjoyed our Superior King room and our convenient location. Please visit us again when you come back to the area. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We came to go to the hospital and it was convenient. The people were nice and the area felt safe. They didn't have breakfafst so I went next door to IHOP. Not too bad. I shopped a little at the mall. It wasn't very big but it was sufficient. I'm coming back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Robin A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad you had a good stay. We are very convenient to the hospital and other venues. Please come see us again. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked this motel based on previous review. Fairly easy to find location. Night check in was done through the bullet proof glass, which im never a fan of, but I get it. Room was newly renovated. Floor is mostly wood, so the downside to that was it was a wet nasty night, and you can see the water and dirt i tracked in. Room had a flat screen TV, wifi that worked fairly well, and plenty of outlets at the desk. Shower had hot water and a decent shower head. Bed was very comfy as were the pillows. I needed to extend my checkout past 11am and it wasnt an issue. Housekeeping missed the washcloth from the previous occupant, and I noted that on the comment card. Check out went smooth. I hate how they do the "safe gimmick". I mention I didnt use it everytime I check out that these places. Id easily stay here again for the rate I paid. My room was on the highway side, so I did hear the highway, but I like that. They have rooms on the opposite side.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a great location and very convient to diffrent businesses. Execellent hospitality. Updated rooms. Brittany at the front desk was very helpful. The housekeepers were also friendly! They welcome pets. The room has a pleasant atmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Robin A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments. I'll be sure to share them with Brittany as well as the rest of the staff. We are happy to have you here and will look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Great location, 100% non smoking hotel which is great and best price around. Although there is no free breakfast (std at Red Roof), they did have free coffee in the lobby which was terrific and there is an IHOP literally 300 feet away from the Hotel. I found all of the staff to be very friendly. You cannot go wrong at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Robin A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I will be sharing all of your wonderful comments with our team. We are happy that you had a great experience at our inn (and at IHOP) :) We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is my third time frequenting this Red Roof location and I am definitely going to be staying here again in the future. The freshly renovated rooms are very comfortable and welcoming. I enjoy the fact that the hotel is now non-smoking. Ricky at the front desk was more then helpful when I had to get up at the crack of dawn. He made sure that I had fresh coffee to take with me and also provided great restaurant recommendations in the area. I look forward to staying here again when I do business in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Robin A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

We appreciate your wonderful comments about our team. I am glad Ricky was able to assist you in starting your morning. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel was awesome!!! The service provide was very excellent. The nice young gentleman at the front desk provide me with some useful information regarding places to eat. I believe his name was Ricky.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Vekte
Robin A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate your choosing to stay with us. Our guests are part of what makes us AWESOME!! I'm happy Ricky contributed to your experience and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!