“Great Experience”

Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed at Red Roof before, and I particularly liked this location. The rooms are newly renovated and they feel bright because of the colors, and not dark and dingy. The staff was impressive, and Mengo knows his job and made me feel welcome. I liked the fact that there;'s an IHOP right next door, which was good enough to make me forget there was no breakfast at the hotel, but at the price, breakfast would be expecting too much.

Room Tip: Superior Kings are great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Robin A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoy the location. I will pass on your comments to Mengo about his customer service. Feedback from guests is always appreciated. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have used this local motel several times when we've had people in from out of town etc. We've always been pleased with the facility and the staff. They are in the midst of renovating some of the rooms but the rooms that we've used have been finished and lovely. The price is right, the location is extremely convenient and the staff is very friendly. Brittany checked us in last night and could not have been kinder or more efficient. We will definitely continue to use the Red Roof Inn!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Robin A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am happy our location suited your needs and Brittany was able to be of assistance. Please come visit us again.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I enjoyed my stay, I have stayed before and this hotel never disappoints. The staff is great, friendly, and Mengo was helpful with directions around Durham. The new rooms look great, and very different from the last time I was here. I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thanks so much for staying with us. I'll be sharing your comments with Mengo as well as the rest of the staff. Please come see us again.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I don't normally write reviews but I had to since I had a wonderful experience and was impressed by the staff. The housekeepers don't come knocking at annoying times, Fatima at the front desk is wonderful at her job and an efficient employee. The hotel doesn't offer breakfast but at least there's an IHOP right behind. Thank you for the experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

For the really great price of less than $50, I wasn't too surprised to find no hair dryer, coffee maker, fridge or microwave--notice what I missed first!!!!! We had the basics--clean comfortable bed, shower, sink and commode and TV with remote.

Room Tip: Upgrade to "deluxe" for coffeepot, etc if that is important
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Robin A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our location. I am glad you enjoyed a "clean and comfortable" stay. We do have a Superior King room that is pictured here on TripAdvisor. It is much larger and includes a microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker, and desk area. Please reserve one on your next stay with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I would like to compliment the staff at the location. I had a good stay but Fatima in particular was pleasant and ready to help. I didn't have any problems, but Fatima took the time to explain the renovations taking place and she let me view the new rooms, since I couldn't change the Expedia reservation. I will book with the hotel next time, hoping to get a good deal that will definitely be worth it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

As you walk into the lobby you are quickly greeted by a friendly courtesies receptionist. Brittany was mine. After picking from a list of the room time, I originally chose a single king, but quickly decided to upgrade to a Superior King due to the fact it had a fridge, microwave and was much more luxurious. Brittany was great about helping me switch rooms.

After I became acclimatized myself to the room I gave it my bedbug inspection…force of habit after watching a frightful episode 60 Minutes scared me to death of staying anywhere but my home. Bedbug free :-) The room was immaculate. Cleaner than any Holiday Inn Express room I have ever stayed in… and I’m a Platinum Priority Club member. This is best hotel in town; I will be a Red Roof Inn fan from now on. Thanks Brittany for all the help!

Bonus feature: IHop and a Texas Road House with in walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Robin A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Duke University Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and our property. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us adn look forward to your next visit.