All reviews shuttle service duke hospital great customer service front desk personnel indoor pool judy thomas amal parker veterans surgery campus
Selected filters
Reviewed May 16, 2019

In most ways, this place is okay. Nothing great, but okay.

However .... I was blasted awake at about 2:30 by an alarm. I assume it had been set by a previous occupant. And not turned off by housekeeping. I found a button to push to shut it up. I managed to get back to sleep, only to have it happen again. I guess I must have hit snooze. The second time, I wanted to make sure that it was truly off. Even after turning on the light, I couldn't figure it out. So I moved furniture, was able to reach the wall outlet, and pulled the plug. It took a while to get back to sleep after that.

When we checked out, we explained the problem to the person at the desk. She gave the impression of not giving a whit. We were not pleased.

Two other small examples of their lack of interest in the customer experience: The air conditioner in the room made a huge racket when it was on. And we wandered the maze of the hotel's hallways both going to our room and leaving; apparently it was too much trouble to put up signs either to the elevators or to the lobby.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CindyA2174, Front Office Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Dear Elaine,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed that your visit with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked. Your feedback is appreciated as it allows me to perfect our service moving forward. Please know that I will address your concerns with the proper departments. . I do hope that you return in the future and give us the opportunity to impress you with our service.

Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

Staff is very friendly. However, beds/pillows are uncomfortable would recommend bringing one with you. Entering the room it looks very nice but there were a few areas that were neglected when cleaning. Also, the WiFi does not connect whatsoever. If you want a good night sleep, WiFi, and quiet not the hotel for you.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank shelbyw1819
Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately we had to come to Duke as my dad ended up with an very unexpected open heart surgery as he was here on business. Duke was able to make reservations for us at this hotel. Let me say, I’m picky about hotels. When I pulled up, I instantly rolled my eyes because the hotel looks outdated on the outside, but I knew we would spend most of our time at the hospital. It has a bar, restaurant, indoor pool and a little store onsite. We didn’t use or eat at these places since we weren’t here for leisure. The shuttle back and forth was so convenient. Thomas V. was a great driver. The shuttle comes every 30mins from 6am to 10pm and will take you places within a 5 mile radius. Our room was clean and room service was swift. For the medical price we paid, this was definitely a steal!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

This was our second stay here. We could not have asked for a better experience. Staff over and beyond friendly and helpful. Only downside it's a black hole for cellphones. And truth be told I enjoyed not having my phone work. We will be staying again when we come back in October.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank TLWunders
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Just back from my trip to visit Duke University. I had a brilliant stay at the Millennium during my trip. From the word go everyone was friendly and helpful and staff went out of their way to help. Food was of a good standard. The room was clean and comfortable. It was only a 20 minute walk to Duke Campus which was really convenient. The Millennium provides a shuttle and Thomas, the driver was really friendly and helpful going out of his way to show me round both Campuses and also taking me back to the airport at the end of my stay.
I’ll definitely be back.