“Good service but needs to update rooms and provide free wifi”
Review of Millennium Durham

Millennium Durham
Ranked #36 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Atlanta
“Good service but needs to update rooms and provide free wifi”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Very nice employees but the room needs updating. Free wifi is the norm these days, you need to get with today's program! Please do some soundproofing. You can hear people talking in room next to you and hallway noise is extreme.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying here with my husband and family on a regular basis for the past 12 years. The staff here has always gone above and beyond to accommodate any special request and make us feel welcome.
When I first arrived this trip Octavia greeted me with a smile and some much needed humor after a long trip. All the ladies at the front desk have continued to make my stay memorable, Judy and Janice were very helpful and assisting with my request.

Gwen our housekeeper was so friendly and approachable. She made sure that we had everything we needed for our stay.

I used the shuttle service this time more than I ever have in the past and was truly impressed. Paul stated how he was glad I didn't have my car so he could have the privilege of driving us to our appointments ... John was so polite and helpful on our trips to the clinic and it was so appreciated.
That brings me to Teddy ... Teddy has been driving me since as far back as I can remember coming here and has always made such impression on me and my family as someone who truly enjoys what they do. This trip however confirmed that beyond a doubt. Teddy had other passengers to drop off on campus and gave us a guided tour of the campus including the history of Duke and the beautiful buildings surrounding us on our drive.

The staff here has always made our trips here more bearable and it is truly appreciated !

• Stayed March 2014
Apopka, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I stay in quite a few hotels but this hotel stay was so comforting specially the team of Robin, John, Paul, Ratechia, Teddy, Arnold, Thomas. I mention their name because they made our stay to full of memory and felt like home. They took care of us very well. Thank you all

Room Tip: Room with suite is awesome.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We spent one night at this hotel for our daughter to attend a local prom. The front staff (including Teddy) was very curtious and the overall experence was very good. The girls ordered some room service and said the food was excellent. The hotel was very clean but a little outdated with furniture/decorations, but the overall atmosphere was very good. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel is perfect for anyone having to be seen at Duke Hospital &/or medical facilities. They provide a nice discount for patients of Duke, have decent amenities, and a hotel shuttle that takes you to & from your appointments for $5 per day. (Both of those "perks" really helped with my already stressful situation!) There's an in-hotel restaurant with good food, too. The nicest & most helpful employees for me were the shuttle driver, Teddy, & Octavia at the front desk. Both of them were great examples of what good customer service is all about...& Octavia's big smile is infectious!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 26, 2014

All around friendly service from desk staff to shuttle drivers. The room was clean. If you are visiting Duke University it is a close and shuttles provides regular rides to guest. The pricing of the hotel is high and in need of renovation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed March 25, 2014

First of all, I will mention that I stay here quite often, my last trip being from Dec. 13th until March 10th or so. I have always been treated abovN my expectations. Now as a Diamond Member, I have same super service with some very nice benefits! I thank John and Stephanie for helping me get started with my reward points,
i WANT TO MAKE A VERY, VERY SPECIAL SHOUT OUT to Quita in housekeeping for keeping an eye on me, as I was withot anyone from my immediate family. Quita would check on me, per my request, each day. One morning, I was very slow to answer the door, which is unlike me, She noticed that my face and hands were very swollen, which I didnt know because I could barely wake myself up. Quita carefully walked me to the lobby, and helped me get a shuttle to my doctor's office, where they promply admidded me to the hospital. If Quita had not helped me, I would have stayed shut up in my room, and according to the doctors, most likely I would have slid into a coma. Quita needs to be recognised for this, as does Ms. Judy and the driver Teddy.
I have to give very warm thanks to the following: Paul Greene in transportation, an amazing man who lifts eveyone's spirits everyday that he works!
To Jamie and Maggie, who go above and beyond the scope of their jobs. Wonderful ladies!! The BEST!
Judy, Ratisha Ike and Arnold are fantastic additions to your MD busineess!!
Thats to Nate and Amal as well!!
Please consider nominating Quita from Housekeeping for Employee of the Month. SHE DESERVES IT!!!! no one could have done more for a guest than save their life, and Quita did that for m

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo