“Kind service”

Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Boston, Massachusetts
“Kind service”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful when my party needed special accommodation. The rooms were tidy and comfortable. The location was handy for accessing the university. Overall, I had a pleasant experience and would stay here again. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Canton nc
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I always stay here when attending my dr appointments. They are always welcoming and kind! The only thing I would change is the showers. There needs to be more water pressure, bigger showers (for medical needs like my self),and removable shower head. Other than that I love stating here and will continue to stay here!

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed February 12, 2014

While I stayed here the staff was so helpful with knowledge of area going out of their way to help especially when they found out I had just gotta out of surgery.I felt like they were family and the best treatment I've had in my life,especially Jennelle,John,and Judy and the cleaning lady on 3rd floor.They all had great attitudes.I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Great rooms, very comfortable and excellent restaurant. They have fabulous weekend rates so if you're looking to get away with your sweetie for a couple nights, you can enjoy an upscale experience for a real bargain. Only problem -- no refrigerators or microwaves in the rooms. But it was quite comfortable. The food was great but not inexpensive.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I booked the club room for two nights. It was not cheap, $129 per night excluded the tax and service, so I was expecting the standard three stars hotel room. However, they didn't provide tooth brush and tooth paste in the room nor liquid soap!

The breakfast was so-so, only scramble egg with french toast, some bread, yoghurt and juices.

The employees in the front desk were never smile nor greet me properly, I cannot feel hospitality whatsoever,

One night, a woman knocked on my door, and then she asked me "are you a guest?" (What's that suppose to mean?), then she said again "oh, I gues I'm lost". Not a pleasant experience.

I won't recommend my friends and family to book a room here. Better choose the Hilton Garden Inn, with the exact same price, you can be in a better managed hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
USA
Reviewed February 8, 2014

John, at the front desk, was absolutely amazing. I had major issues trying to connect to the WiFi in the lobby for work purposes. John patiently came to check on my issues, tried in earnest to solve them and helped me gain a WiFi connection in my own room after we could not connect my laptop in the lobby. The WiFi in the room was also problematic, so John sent a nice maintenance man who quickly figured out a solution. (That same maintenance man came to fix an issue I had with my room's air conditioner.) The maids were extremely polite and helpful. The wait staff was excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Discovered this hotel as a place to stay while I went through a Spinal Cord Implant. It was my wife's selection and she picked a winner. The staff could not have done more, My wife had checked out the day after my surgery and didn't realize she left something behind until she arrived at the hospital. After checking out of the hospital we drove back to the hotel and Teddy was extremely helpful in locating the power cords for our phones. The steaks at the Bel Justo restaurant were oustanding as was our server.

Room Tip: The hotel does need a facelift. The bathrooms need to be enlarged. Tiny bathtub.