“Staff is first rate!”

Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Boone, North Carolina
“Staff is first rate!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

My family and I have stayed several times at the Millenium. Most times we have no issues or problems. We did however, have an issue at the hotel the time before (noisy party guests at 2am!) and I give tremendous kudos to the staff for not only sending security to deal with the noise, but also gave us a break on the rate! This most recent stay was very relaxing and quiet! Wasnt sure that would be the case as we were there for the Duke/Miami game, but we were pleasantly surprised! Rooms are always clean and the staff is always friendly and professional. Great location if you have business or pleasure in the Durham/Chapel Hill area. Highly recommend if coming for a Duke athletic event - free shuttle to campus and pick up made it a very enjoyable day!

Thank you to Ratechia at the front desk and Teddy the shuttle driver for the wonderful service!

Room Tip: Request a room on the 4th floor - seems like the most quiet floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We asked for a second room, which was not much better than the first one. The hotel is worn-carpet torn near elevators, metal finishes rusted throughout. There was black mold around the bathtub. Some black mold had been painted over. Dirty crud on bathroom faucet, and faucet corroded--see photos.

Folks checking in ahead of us had crockpot and stereo speakers on cart. That evening on way to room guests had doors propped open to visit each other, music playing--partying--just weird and not what I was expecting from this hotel.

Low quality--needs renovation--filthy.

Room Tip: Take a look in the bathroom for black mold and filthy floor. Change rooms, or better yet, change ho...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 7Irish
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Especially for our wedding, we found the hotel met our needs and more. Their restaurant and bar area allowed family to see and find each other. The staff was very personable, friendly, and responded quickly to requests. Their shuttle around town was reasonable. The room service was very good. The ladies have pride in their rooms. I do feel though, that the rooms need some work. The dresser drawers squeaked (one visit the drawer wouldn't stay in the console when open). I feel that the ventilation in the bathrooms needs improving. The fan does nothing. The bed was comfortable and stylishly dressed. They do charge by the day for the internet. We didn't use the pool, gym, or laundry, but we could have. The lobby is inviting and large enough for groups to congregate.

Room Tip: Every room we have had has been more than adequate. We don't stay in the rooms during the day.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New Castle, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at the Millennium in late September. The entire staff was terrific and Jenelle, part of the housekeeping staff was great. She was a pleasure & always made sure I was taken. The rooms are good for the price. Thanks again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
MHD205, General Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear egc14,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and on the positive service you received from the housekeeping staff. I will ensure your positive comments are passed on to Jenelle and the team!

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the millennium Durham. This stay was October 27 and 28. The staff is so friendly and helpful, I need to go to Duke medical and the guys are patient, and caring. James, Thomas, and Teddy take good care of all the guests. The hotel is a bit old and worn, the rooms need updating from the doors, bathrooms, decor, etc. the staff is the reason I come back. I hope a remodel is in their future. The food is good as well as great staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Michael W,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. As a returning guest your perspective as to the service we provide to our guests is very important to us, as we are always striving to improve. I am very proud of the outstanding associates at the Millennium and I will be sure your positive comments on the hospitality and servce you received is passed on specifically to James Thomas and Teddy and the Food & Beverage team. We look forward to serving you again!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Millennium while attending NCCU Homecoming. We had a wonderful weekend, topped off with a wonderful stay at the hotel. The services and accommodations exceeded our expectations. We really appreciated the staff allowing us to check into the hotel early Friday, and then allowing a late check out for us on Sunday. Thank you so much. We look forward to staying next year. Go Eagles!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Flylilbirdie,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us.
I am very proud to have Maggie and Jamie and so many others like them on our staff and I will ensure your positive comments regarding their service and hospitality are passed on to them. I was disappointed our housekeeping standards were not being well enforced during your stay and I do want to ensure you your comments have received my personal attention and I have discussed them with our Executive Housekeeper and I am confident our standards will be better enforced going forward. We look forward to having an opportunity to serve you the next time your travels bring you back to Durham.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving at the Millennium Hotel in Durham I was a little concerned I had made a very bad choice in my accommodations. I was sent on a last minute business trip and this was the closest hotel to where I needed to be. Not being very familiar with the area I picked the most recognizable location I could find. I decided to stay and had some good and bad views on this hotel.
The good: The ONLY reason this place gets an outstanding review is because of the staff I encountered. They all worked very hard and deserve some stellar recognition. Every employee I saw was working hard (sometimes too hard as it appeared they could have used some help). They all smiled and spoke professionally and politely. I encountered too young ladies at the front desk who were extremely sweet and energetic despite the fact that they had to run back and forth from the office to make keys for everyone who needed them. This hotel gets an A+ for these two delightful women (Jamie and Maggie were their names I believe)!
Now for the not so outstanding: The exterior of the hotel could use a thorough cleaning and the lobby area leaves a lot to be desired. Once you enter the rooms you are hit with a slight mold or mildew smell. This is scary because if I can smell that I fear for what I can not see. The sheets and pillows on the bed look tired. The carpet has so much dirt stomped in to it there is no way a vacuum could get it all out. The hallways are dark and a little scary at night especially when you walk by a humming fluorescent light bulb.

This hotel needs a complete cosmetic overhaul to make the accommodations match the terrific service! I sure hope that happens before this staff decides to take their talent elsewhere because I will definitely be back when I come to Durham!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Patty W,
I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your posiitve experience during your recent stay with us. I am very proud to have Ratechia on our team of associates and I will ensure your positive comments regarding her hospitality and service is passed on to her. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the near furture.