“This isn't our first stay here”
Review of Millennium Durham

Millennium Durham
Ranked #37 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Especially for our wedding, we found the hotel met our needs and more. Their restaurant and bar area allowed family to see and find each other. The staff was very personable, friendly, and responded quickly to requests. Their shuttle around town was reasonable. The room service was very good. The ladies have pride in their rooms. I do feel though, that the rooms need some work. The dresser drawers squeaked (one visit the drawer wouldn't stay in the console when open). I feel that the ventilation in the bathrooms needs improving. The fan does nothing. The bed was comfortable and stylishly dressed. They do charge by the day for the internet. We didn't use the pool, gym, or laundry, but we could have. The lobby is inviting and large enough for groups to congregate.

Room Tip: Every room we have had has been more than adequate. We don't stay in the rooms during the day.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Millennium Durham

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at the Millennium in late September. The entire staff was terrific and Jenelle, part of the housekeeping staff was great. She was a pleasure & always made sure I was taken. The rooms are good for the price. Thanks again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
MHD205, General Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear egc14,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and on the positive service you received from the housekeeping staff. I will ensure your positive comments are passed on to Jenelle and the team!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the millennium Durham. This stay was October 27 and 28. The staff is so friendly and helpful, I need to go to Duke medical and the guys are patient, and caring. James, Thomas, and Teddy take good care of all the guests. The hotel is a bit old and worn, the rooms need updating from the doors, bathrooms, decor, etc. the staff is the reason I come back. I hope a remodel is in their future. The food is good as well as great staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Michael W,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. As a returning guest your perspective as to the service we provide to our guests is very important to us, as we are always striving to improve. I am very proud of the outstanding associates at the Millennium and I will be sure your positive comments on the hospitality and servce you received is passed on specifically to James Thomas and Teddy and the Food & Beverage team. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Millennium while attending NCCU Homecoming. We had a wonderful weekend, topped off with a wonderful stay at the hotel. The services and accommodations exceeded our expectations. We really appreciated the staff allowing us to check into the hotel early Friday, and then allowing a late check out for us on Sunday. Thank you so much. We look forward to staying next year. Go Eagles!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Flylilbirdie,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us.
I am very proud to have Maggie and Jamie and so many others like them on our staff and I will ensure your positive comments regarding their service and hospitality are passed on to them. I was disappointed our housekeeping standards were not being well enforced during your stay and I do want to ensure you your comments have received my personal attention and I have discussed them with our Executive Housekeeper and I am confident our standards will be better enforced going forward. We look forward to having an opportunity to serve you the next time your travels bring you back to Durham.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving at the Millennium Hotel in Durham I was a little concerned I had made a very bad choice in my accommodations. I was sent on a last minute business trip and this was the closest hotel to where I needed to be. Not being very familiar with the area I picked the most recognizable location I could find. I decided to stay and had some good and bad views on this hotel.
The good: The ONLY reason this place gets an outstanding review is because of the staff I encountered. They all worked very hard and deserve some stellar recognition. Every employee I saw was working hard (sometimes too hard as it appeared they could have used some help). They all smiled and spoke professionally and politely. I encountered too young ladies at the front desk who were extremely sweet and energetic despite the fact that they had to run back and forth from the office to make keys for everyone who needed them. This hotel gets an A+ for these two delightful women (Jamie and Maggie were their names I believe)!
Now for the not so outstanding: The exterior of the hotel could use a thorough cleaning and the lobby area leaves a lot to be desired. Once you enter the rooms you are hit with a slight mold or mildew smell. This is scary because if I can smell that I fear for what I can not see. The sheets and pillows on the bed look tired. The carpet has so much dirt stomped in to it there is no way a vacuum could get it all out. The hallways are dark and a little scary at night especially when you walk by a humming fluorescent light bulb.

This hotel needs a complete cosmetic overhaul to make the accommodations match the terrific service! I sure hope that happens before this staff decides to take their talent elsewhere because I will definitely be back when I come to Durham!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Patty W,
I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your posiitve experience during your recent stay with us. I am very proud to have Ratechia on our team of associates and I will ensure your positive comments regarding her hospitality and service is passed on to her. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the near furture.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My stay here was for treatment at a nearby hospital. I would like to compliment the staff for all the excellent service I have received. Front desk, John, Judy, Octiva, Ratechia, Maggie, Jamie, Shuttle - Teddy, Dan, Arnold, Paul, Thomas, Ike, Engineer Stanley for all of his help,, house keeping - Christina, Beverly, Lequita,--Restaurant--Elizabeth, Lucy, Sarah. My stay has been long, I understand rooms are being renovated, however my room is very comfortable, and accommodating, I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a clean and enjoyable stay

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear larry w,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience with our hotel facilities and service staff. I am very proud to have so many outstanding associates on our team and will ensure your positive comments are passed on to their attention. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Thank you Ratechia for setting a mood of welcome and commitment to guest comfort from the minute she greeted me warmly at the front desk. To me, a hotel's staff and commitment to a positive guest experience is second only to the comfort of the bed, and the Millennium in Durham ranks high for great people. I arrived not having slept for over 24 hours, and was greeted warmly by the doorman. But it was the very professional and super efficient desk clerk, Ratechia, who really welcomed me with pleasant eye contact and who made me feel I was important to the hotel. She saw how tired I was and told she would check me in promptly and efficiently (and she did). She clearly empathized with the stress of travel tiredness, and made sure I knew I was being welcomed to a place where I could rest and relax. Even though there were others waiting to check in, Ratechia's attention and understanding made me feel I was the only person she was concerned about at that moment, an especially appreciated welcome to a person as tired as I was. That meant a lot. In short, staff attentiveness matched the handsomeness of the lobby and public spaces. Thank you Ratechia! As far as the hotel itself goes, the lobby is elegant and beautifully decorated. There is a very attractive and comfortable bar with leather sofas and club tables, and large flat screen playing CNN or sports. The restaurant is very attractive, again with fine service. A large and very clean sunny indoor pool area reinforced the feeling of a relaxing getaway. My room on the first floor was quiet and the beds were immaculate with snowy white soft linens and oversized pillows for relaxing with the flat screen in the room. Very tasty coffee supplied with the in-room coffee maker. There is parking all around the hotel so it was easy to find a space close to the entrance nearest my large room. Here is a great value on an attractive, comfortable hotel, conveniently close to Duke, and a good value. Although I did not use it, I noticed how many vans are in their shuttle service and how there always seems to be one waiting for you - another great sign of living up to its promises. I definitely will return to the Millennium any time I am in Durham.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Patty W,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I was happy to hear you had an opportunity to enjoy and experience all of our facilities and services. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near furture and I will ensure your positive comments regarding Ratechia are passed on to her. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when staying in Durham.