“My stay at the Millennium”
Review of Millennium Durham

Millennium Durham
Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Bluefield, West Virginia
“My stay at the Millennium”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My stay here was for treatment at a nearby hospital. I would like to compliment the staff for all the excellent service I have received. Front desk, John, Judy, Octiva, Ratechia, Maggie, Jamie, Shuttle - Teddy, Dan, Arnold, Paul, Thomas, Ike, Engineer Stanley for all of his help,, house keeping - Christina, Beverly, Lequita,--Restaurant--Elizabeth, Lucy, Sarah. My stay has been long, I understand rooms are being renovated, however my room is very comfortable, and accommodating, I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a clean and enjoyable stay

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MHD205, General Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear larry w,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience with our hotel facilities and service staff. I am very proud to have so many outstanding associates on our team and will ensure your positive comments are passed on to their attention. We look forward to serving you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Thank you Ratechia for setting a mood of welcome and commitment to guest comfort from the minute she greeted me warmly at the front desk. To me, a hotel's staff and commitment to a positive guest experience is second only to the comfort of the bed, and the Millennium in Durham ranks high for great people. I arrived not having slept for over 24 hours, and was greeted warmly by the doorman. But it was the very professional and super efficient desk clerk, Ratechia, who really welcomed me with pleasant eye contact and who made me feel I was important to the hotel. She saw how tired I was and told she would check me in promptly and efficiently (and she did). She clearly empathized with the stress of travel tiredness, and made sure I knew I was being welcomed to a place where I could rest and relax. Even though there were others waiting to check in, Ratechia's attention and understanding made me feel I was the only person she was concerned about at that moment, an especially appreciated welcome to a person as tired as I was. That meant a lot. In short, staff attentiveness matched the handsomeness of the lobby and public spaces. Thank you Ratechia! As far as the hotel itself goes, the lobby is elegant and beautifully decorated. There is a very attractive and comfortable bar with leather sofas and club tables, and large flat screen playing CNN or sports. The restaurant is very attractive, again with fine service. A large and very clean sunny indoor pool area reinforced the feeling of a relaxing getaway. My room on the first floor was quiet and the beds were immaculate with snowy white soft linens and oversized pillows for relaxing with the flat screen in the room. Very tasty coffee supplied with the in-room coffee maker. There is parking all around the hotel so it was easy to find a space close to the entrance nearest my large room. Here is a great value on an attractive, comfortable hotel, conveniently close to Duke, and a good value. Although I did not use it, I noticed how many vans are in their shuttle service and how there always seems to be one waiting for you - another great sign of living up to its promises. I definitely will return to the Millennium any time I am in Durham.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Patty W,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I was happy to hear you had an opportunity to enjoy and experience all of our facilities and services. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near furture and I will ensure your positive comments regarding Ratechia are passed on to her. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when staying in Durham.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I arrived on an emergency visit with my sister not knowing where to stay unfamiliar to the area. A Social worker from Duke University recommended us to stay here. I ended up staying for 5 weeks and we currently return every 3 wks for treatments.This is a great place to call home away from home.I would highly recommend anyone to stay here.The hotel is clean,safe, and sits on a beautiful piece of property near the interstate but not close enough to hear noise.I agree with other peoples comments that the hotel could use some updating and I understand they will be starting to soon.There is nothing that would keep me from returning here. I thank every employee for your help and kindness during all of my stays, you are all awesome !Front check in employees;They are all awesome and my family ,not really but... Judy, Jamie, Maggie,Auxie,Roateshia,Octavia, Latasha,Bekarr,Octavia. The manager John was always helpful and friendly The drivers; Paul (he is entertaining) Teddy (my personal GPS and restaurant guide) Ike ( gentle & kind), Thomas,Arnold,Dan,and James.Elizabeth the friendly bar tender and wait staff,Marina,and Kenny in house keeping, were always friendly and helpful. Tom and Stan were the bomb handymen at the hotel always going out of their way to help and make everything perfect. I was not real happy with the breakfast bar thought it could use some improving on taste and price.But my aunt and uncle found nothing wrong with it. So this is a personal thing I guess.Highly recommend you to stay here, they always have the light on for you and the lovely Auxie will greet you with her soft accent and smile when you arrive late night.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your room and they have other rooms open they will let you change rooms. I...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear che112,
I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to comment on your ongoing stays with us. As a long term and repeat guest, your perspective of our facility and the service the staff provides is very important to us. I am very proud of the entire team here and I will ensure your positive comments and recognition of the service you received is passed on to each and everyone you mentioned. We look forward to continuing to be your location of choice.
Bluefield, West Virginia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

From the first step into the lobby of this hotel it was both thumbs UP !!!! we were greeted by Maggie, a wonderful cheerful and kind young lady. Little did we know at the time that her kindness was to be reflected though out our entire stay by EVERY staff member. The hotel guests seeking a luxury hotel should by all means go stay there and pay the prices. As for us,we understand the rooms are being renovated, we stayed at 2 other hotels close to the hospital before we were blessed to find The Millennium,I would not return to either one of them, they were bad and I did not waste my time giving them a review.We choose to just not return to them. I am writing this review because our stay here was a GOOD one. The front desk, housekeeping, food service, shuttle service, and STANLEY my night watchman.....I will never forget you for the kindness. John, Octavia, Judy, Jamie, Teddy and ALL the shuttle drivers. So many names, I will need to stop for fear of not enough space.Peace and Light to everyone of you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear BJW115,
I sincerely appreciate your selecting the Millennium Hotel during your recent stay in Durham. Please be assured I will pass on all of your positive comments to; Maggie, Stanley, John, Octavia, Judy, Jamie, Teddy and the rest of the staff. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
FAYETTEVILLE
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I've recently had the pleasure of staying at the Millennium Hotel in Durham North Carolina for the first time. I was pleased at the cleanliness of the room and the hotel. The staff are very professional and friendly. Being located around one of the biggest hospitals DUKE it was convenient for me to stay they while getting some medical issues attended too. There is a young lady that worked with me today long distance over the phone on 2-3 different issues I was having and she went above and beyond what she had to do all to keep a customer happy without making me feel hurried or rushed. She was upbeat and positive the whole time we had to correspond and she threaded lightly through shallow water not to make me feel sick or like I was on her nerve. I have to stay there like five more weeks and I hope she is the young lady that will be assisting me with any future endeavors I may have. I was down a bit today but she made my day. Thank-you so much MS. RATECHIA PERCELL!! You are an AWESOME young lady and I hope to get to meet you personally one day this week. GOD BLESS YOU!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear bobbysbaby,
Thank you for taking your time to post your positive experiences with our hotel facilities and on the service received from our staff. I am very proud to have Ratechia and so many other excellent and caring associates on our team. We very much apprecaite your patronage and only wish your visits to Durham were for a more enjoyable reason. In the meantime, we look forward to making your future stays with us as comfortable as possible and do appreciate your selecting the Millennium as your location of choice .
Southgate, Michigan
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Have come for medical testing @ Duke Univ. Hosp for the last 14 yrs &stayed here each time. Dated decor in rooms and halls. Could use a step into 2013. Cell service in rooms is spotty . TV could use HD and more channels. Bathroom fan not very efficient. Noisy a/c heater unit. Brought my own pillow. Glad I did. Theirs were really mushy.Rooms were slightly musty smelling .But check in & out were easy quick & friendly. Corena, Ashlei &Lee were very helpful. Great medical rates. Close to restaurants and shopping.We will use this hotel next time we come to Duke but would like to see room and hallway upgrades.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear indigoenergie,
Thank you taking your time to post your comments on your stay with us. As a repeat guest of the Millennium hotel for the past 14 years, your perspective of our performance is of the utmost importance to us! It is certainly good to hear you rate our location and the staff so highly on their service and I will make certain your comments are passed on to; Corena, Ashlei and Lee. While it is never pleasant to hear about our shortcomings, I sincerely appreciate your feedback as it enables us to focus on ways to improve our operation going forward. Thank you again for taking the time to post and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2013

lovely, older hotel in a great location for activities at Duke. We had a great front desk experience with Ratechia, who made arrangements for us to get a shuttle to the football stadium and not have to drive over and deal with parking...we did not know that option was available until she kindly informed us. All the staff were friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Overall, a great week-end experience and we'll be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear fjthomas1,
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate all of your positive comments and look forward serving you again the next time your travels bring you into Durham for the weekend to enjoy another football game!