Millennium Durham
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsshuttle serviceduke hospitalfront desk staffgreat customer serviceenjoyed my stayteddyjudyoctaviathomasparkersurgery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My mom has been getting treatment at Duke Hospital and we have had to stay many nights in Durham. This hotel was recommended by our social worker. I have to tell you the front desk, the shuttle men, housekeeping, have been such a blessing. The front desk ladies and gentlemen are so professional yet personable and caring about your situation. The men that shuttled us were also professional and so nice and helpful with suggestions to different restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to anyone just because of the people who work there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
MHD205, General Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Angie O,

I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to forward your comments on your recent stay with us here at the Millennium Hotel Durham.

It was certainly good to hear that you rated so many of our staff so highly on the service they provided and I will make sure that your positive comments in this most important area are passed on to each of the departments and individuals.

We sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to having an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I posted a review this week of two stays at this hotel.

The hotel replied that this was not the right hotel that I had the wrong location and sent a number for me to reply which did not work when called several times.

This place is as bad as I stated - yes it is a large cooperation but they do a disservice to the city of Durham.

Yes a business traveler may have better experience the place is cheap and it is a desent room once you get there. It is the understanding and handling of hospital families which is the problem.

The hotel needs to understand that hospital families do not know their schedules and last minute changes are based on family and patient issues.

Room Tip: Look else where
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed August 6, 2013

After reading the reviews for this hotel, I was very anxious about staying here, however I was booked here by a third party for a conference. I stayed here 3 separate times within the past month and each time I found my quarters to be more than accommodating. Although the hotel was dated, my room was clean and the staff were all very friendly and attentive to my needs. The only drawback was a malfunction of the fire alarm during my stay. Overall, I believe that this hotel was a good value for the price and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on both the 2nd and 4th floors without any issues!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
MHD205, Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

We were pleased to be your host during your conference and we thank you for your kind comments. We apologize for the inconvenience for the fire alarm glitch. Thankfully, Simplex was able to replace the faulty part and we had no more false alarms. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We know the conference you were attending and we wish you all the best as you continue with your career. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to be your host the next time you are in Durham.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

To say that this hotel is tired and in need of renovation is about as generous as I can be. My room was dirty and the towels and sheets left a lot to be desired. The public spaces are also in poor shape and poorly maintained.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

bikeusa, thank you for your comments. If you would, please call the hotel at 800-633-5379 and ask to speak with the Rooms Operation Manager. We are not pleased that you felt your room was dirty with unacceptable towels & sheets. If you would let us know the date of your stay and your room number, we will be able to coach and counsel the housekeeper on duty during your stay. We are pleased to tell you that we are in the final stages of approval for a multi-million dollar refurbishment with a first phase to begin this fall. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there 3 times
All price line reserved -:)
Clean but loud AC
No ATT signal unless uou are you in room 204 !!!!
Close to Duke is the best part about stayibg there

staff are really friendly

I can't give it more as I stayed at Hilton and Marriott and Sheraton for close to same price range but was a price line fluke -:)

Don't hesitate to go but expect 3 star rating at best despite reception area can be deceptive -:)

• Stayed: June 2013