“Better Than Expected”

Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Better Than Expected”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

After reading the reviews for this hotel, I was very anxious about staying here, however I was booked here by a third party for a conference. I stayed here 3 separate times within the past month and each time I found my quarters to be more than accommodating. Although the hotel was dated, my room was clean and the staff were all very friendly and attentive to my needs. The only drawback was a malfunction of the fire alarm during my stay. Overall, I believe that this hotel was a good value for the price and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on both the 2nd and 4th floors without any issues!
MHD205, Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We were pleased to be your host during your conference and we thank you for your kind comments. We apologize for the inconvenience for the fire alarm glitch. Thankfully, Simplex was able to replace the faulty part and we had no more false alarms. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We know the conference you were attending and we wish you all the best as you continue with your career. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to be your host the next time you are in Durham.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 28, 2013

To say that this hotel is tired and in need of renovation is about as generous as I can be. My room was dirty and the towels and sheets left a lot to be desired. The public spaces are also in poor shape and poorly maintained.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MHD205, Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
bikeusa, thank you for your comments. If you would, please call the hotel at 800-633-5379 and ask to speak with the Rooms Operation Manager. We are not pleased that you felt your room was dirty with unacceptable towels & sheets. If you would let us know the date of your stay and your room number, we will be able to coach and counsel the housekeeper on duty during your stay. We are pleased to tell you that we are in the final stages of approval for a multi-million dollar refurbishment with a first phase to begin this fall. Thank you again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there 3 times
All price line reserved -:)
Clean but loud AC
No ATT signal unless uou are you in room 204 !!!!
Close to Duke is the best part about stayibg there

staff are really friendly

I can't give it more as I stayed at Hilton and Marriott and Sheraton for close to same price range but was a price line fluke -:)

Don't hesitate to go but expect 3 star rating at best despite reception area can be deceptive -:)

• Stayed June 2013
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel was a wonderful place to stay. The staff were very courteous and everything was offered based on what you were willing to pay from do it your self, to have it all done. Fees were made up front and there was no confusion on any charges. The rooms were very nice and up to date, and the beds were comfortable. The noise at night was almost non existent. Great place to stay and would do so again.

1 Thank Chris D
MHD205, General Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Chris D,
It was certainly good to know you rate our associates so positively on their service and I will make certain that your positive comments in this most important area are passed on to them.
We sincerely appreciate your selecting the Millennium for your recent accommodations while in Durham and please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I or my staff can do to assist you in the future.
Conway, South Carolina
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have been staying at the Millennium - Durham for almost 2 years when we have an appointment at the Duke University Hospital. They have great rates for medical patrons. They also have some pet friendly rooms and charge a reasonable fee for them. One of the best services of the hotel is the shuttle service running all day and into the evening for a very good one time fee. It serves people going to the hospital, airport or just shopping or dinner. Restaurant, bar, grill and even room service are all good values compared to other full service hotels. Staff is efficient, friendly and reasonable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Campbell, New York, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The transportation crew were fantastic.Teddy Terezis and crew were very pleasant and also knowledgeable about the area.My wife is physically disabled and they were helpful and very courteous.Thanks for the great service this hotel provides.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MHD205, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Durham, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Brian N,

I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to forward your comments on your recent stay with us here at the Millennium Hotel Durham.

It was certainly good to hear that you rated so many of our staff so highly on the service they provided and I will make sure that your positive comments in this most important area are passed on to Teddy and the rest of the transportation department staff.

We sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I encountered a very helpful and professional gentleman named Teddy Terezis who is the Transportation Supervisor at this hotel. Excellent attitude and provided a very comfortable and safe rides for my colleagues and I while staying at this hotel. Cud-oz, Teddy, and thanks again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Richard R,

I take great pride in all of our staff I want to thank you for taking the time to forward your comments on your stay with us here at the Millennium Hotel Durham.
I do want to assure you I will pass on your positive remarks on the hospitality and service provided to you during your stay by Teddy. We sincerely appreciate your patronage of our hotel and look forward to having an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.