“Execellent Hotel”

Ranked #36 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Baltimore, Maryland
“Execellent Hotel”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I love staying at the Millennium in Durham. It has been my home away from home for 7 years. It is clean and the staff is friendly. I have stayed in other hotels in Durham and they just don't compare to the Millennium. Yes, it is an older building but, I think it is still beautiful.There was no question in my mind where I will stay. The Millennium is the only hotel I will ever stay in while in Durham. Paul Green has been especially helpful during my stay at the Millennium.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Westfield, NJ
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Don't stay here ... while the staff was friendly, the place is tired, amenities are non-existent, and hotel smelled musty. The positive was a shuttle bus, which on the half hour would take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius. But spending the night felt like spending a few weeks, and we spent three days ... interminable ... AND $4.50 for a muffin. Where do they think they are? No complimentary internet, and the internet connection was extremely slow or not working ... this hotel is not ready for this century.

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th floor come with complimentary internet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Marion, Ohio, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I love staying at the Millennium in Durham. It has been my home away from home for 7 years. It is clean and the staff is friendly. I have stayed in other hotels in Durham and they just don't compare to the Millennium. Yes, it is an older building but, I think it is still beautiful. My husband was a patient at Duke for several years. The staff made sure that my husband had anything that he needed while he stayed in the hotel. The Bell Captain always made sure that we were taken anywhere we needed to go. My husband passed away a little over a year ago. This is my first trip back to Durham since his death. There was no question in my mind where I was staying. The Millennium is the only hotel I will ever stay in while in Durham.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is the most dated hotel I have stayed at in a decade, I don't think they have updated anything in 50 years, including the blankets.

The room had such old furniture, it was an eyesore. My blanket was completely faded and had the little round fabric balls that old overused, over washed fabric tends to get. The sheets were very unpleasant, thin, stained, and overly starched. They "crinkled" and felt like nylon, it felt very unpleasant, and the bed itself was less than mediocre. I can not believe a hotel stays in business without updating even blankets and sheets, let alone furniture in so many years.

Room service was a disaster, my phone did not work, so I had to get room service through the front desk using my cell phone. Everyone one (front desk, restaurant) had an attitude and were quite unpleasant. Room service was brought to my room without any silverware or napkin, twice! and I got a seriously upset stomach after eating at this place.

My hosts booked this place for me while I was visiting Duke, I saw the trip advisor reviews, thought of saying something and thought "it can't be this bad". It was this bad and worse, I will refuse to stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I arrived at this hotel because of health reasons. I am a senior on a fixed income, but thought it wise to spend the night here. There was a special rate for hospital appointments.
Judy, hotel desk agent had my reservation for the third floor. I asked her if it was possible to be on the first floor because my wife was blind.
Judy did not hesitate with an answer, she put us in the best of rooms available.
I could not believe there was a person that would go out of her way to help someone that was unknown, even to the fact of calling to make sure we were comfortable.
Of course we would stay here again. I just wish there was a real way to thank Judy for caring.

Room Tip: Most rooms in the back are really quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HUDDLESTON
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Recently my husband and I stayed here for 5 days while being tested at Duke Univ. The staff is wonderful, always at your service. Room was comfortable. Restauant served quite a number of great dishes. Breakfasts were our favorite.
Shuttle service staff were so very accomodating. We are going back in a few more weeks and are staying here again. No problems at all.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I needed to stay the the company sponsored hotel for a night due to severe weather and I must admit it was very comfortable. The only issue I had was the fact that the room signs were not clearly marked and was confusing to the point that a staff member did not really know himself but I give him credit for finding me in the maze to point me in the right direction. I have stayed here before and must comment on the food that was very good and they also have a fitness room and swimming pool that is always being used. It is a decent place to stay and i would do so again.

Bill N