“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a comfortable hotel with nice size room, CLEAN, nice towels and pleasant atmosphere in a good location.
Loved the fireplace and atmosphere in the lounge area.
We would definitely stay there again.
Larry in the Bel Gusto restaurant was an exceptional individual! Made the stay so very personal and pleasant.
Good job everyone!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Trenton, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently had to have surgery at Duke Hospital and my wife and I stayed at this hotel, the staff was wonderful to us they went out of their way to help us. I would like to thank Teddy Terezis, Thomas V. and Judy for all there assistance to use taking us back and forth to the hospital. The room service was great.

Room Tip: all the rooms were great
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Airmont
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Been here 4x and vowed never to come back. The first time was 6 or 7 years ago. At the time, it was adequate. Have stayed 3X in the last 2 years and each time, the smell of chlorine throughout the hotel has gotten worse. Additionally, bathrooms are outdated. Softgoods are ancient and yucky. Internet receptions stinks, which is crazy as this is the closest hotel to Duke University.

Room Tip: As far from indoor pool as possible!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have stayed there now 2 times on my visits to the Duke Medial Clinic. The employees are very friendly and helpful from the front desk to the dining room. Being on a special diet was not problem at all for the kitchen staff. Each time I ordered I as able to get food that was suited for my needs. The suttle to the clinic service was also very helpful. I will return each time I have to visit Duke. Great Job!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ronda C
Kenneth City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our family was up to visit my daughter and her husband. We rented two rooms and both rooms were fine. The beds were so good that I slept about 3 hours later than I usually do in hotels. Beverly in housekeeping was very helpful and friendly. All but one employees we came across were very outgoing and friendly with quick smiles. My grandson and I had a great time swimming in the indoor pool while outside it was freezing. We did not buy any food there this time but we plan to stay here on our next visit and try them then. Sitting in front of the fireplace and reading was nice too. The only complaint we have is that there was a red sauce mess on the counter by the microwave that was never wiped up in the 4 days that we were there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Was there with my husband In the beginning of December for a Duke vs. Delaware game. It's very close to duke. We both loved the hotel its very cozy and nice and the price is great.. We loved having breakfast there and Larry ( waiter) was the best he made us feel at home and gave us tons of information regarding Durham. Thanks Larry keep up the great work!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carmen l
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had a very good customer service by Ratechia at the front desk. Problem started with when I checked in by different front desk person. I made reservation for two adults and two children including breakfasts but I was informed that there are meal vouchers for only two. Good thing, Ratechia took care of this issue the following morning. The beds were comfortable and room was adequate but taking shower was troubling since water would be cold one minute and scolding hot in another minute. Hot/warm water came out of the cold water taps in the sinks, too. Could not get cold water at all in the sink. Pool is very outdated and the area was a mess one early morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family