“Awesome.”

Millennium Durham
Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Durham
“Awesome.”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The staff at the Millennium is fantastic. I am very thankful to Teddy Terezis who is the Bell Captain and shuttled me everywhere. His help, kindness and knowledge are remarkable. Thank you Teddy!!! You go above and beyond to help people and these days that is hard to find except at DUKE and The MILLENNIUM.

Respectfully and Thankfully,
Elizabeth Smith

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great location very close to Duke Medical Center great to have shuttle service anytime for my family to get anything they need. The only negative about the hotel cell phones do not work inside at all at least Verizon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Gloucester, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2012

just love this place, everyone was fantastic, the shuttle service was great....Ratechia was just the best help to me and my family. Great location to Duke hospital and plenty of location to travel to for food and shopping. all of the shuttle drivers were very experianced and did a great job, not only taking us to all appointment at the clicics and hospital but to many other aresw close to the hotel.... thanks for everything

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife has had several orthopedic procedures in recent years. Although we live locally, we always spend a few days at the Millenium so she can recover from her surgeries in comfort. It's easy to get reservations, and the front desk people are always helpful in ensuring we get a room following her hospital discharge and before the official check-in time. Considering the elegant ambiance of the hotel, the rates are very reasonable. The in-hotel Bel Gusto restaurant and the accompanying room service are just fine, with reasonable prices. The Millenium's proximity to Duke Medical Center make it a great choice for patients and their families.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Asheboro, North Carolina
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I reserved seven rooms at the Millennium Hotel in Durham, North Carolina. We had a group of tennis players participating in a state tennis tournament. From the reservation process to the check in to the check out, everything was handled smoothly and professionally. Everyone who helped us there was friendly and went out of their way to make our stay pleasant and effortless. The hotel is lovely, very well situated and comfortable, but the staff make it a very special hotel. Phillip and Jacquelin, among others, were very helpful during our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New Mexico now (lived in Jamaica and Trinidad)
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a family reunion and the Millenium was our host hotel. The rooms are clean and roomy, the pool is nice and the lobby/lounge area is very attractive. The breakfast buffet was okay.

Here are the things I didn't like and compare unfavorably - to me - with other similar hotels. The front desk was very slow and unresponsive. After acknowledging us, the desk agent continued to answer phone calls and take care of their business before ours. It took way too long to get help and she wasn't very friendly when she finally attended to us.

We couldn't make a local call from our room without going through the main desk, because there is an extra charge - even for local calls. Everything seemed to cost extra. There is no free shuttle from the airport. A water bottle in the room had a $5 price tag on it. Wi-Fi in the room costs extra, too.

In the evening, we went down to the lounge to get a piece of chocolate bomb cake (which was excellent), but the only person serving the entire restaurant/lounge area was the bartender, so it took awhile.

Coffee was nowhere to be found at the breakfast buffet. We asked a waiter, who said he'd go get it for us, and never came back. Found another waiter, who also disappeared and never came back. It was very difficult to get service at our tables. Why would there not be thermoses of coffee for self-serve next to the buffet? There were thermoses in the lobby, but they were empty.

Our local family contact made a number of calls ahead of time to set up a brunch for our family on Sunday, our last day together. However when we arrived, we were directed to a small private room with not enough tables or chairs for our group, and the table cloths were stained. The hotel contact who had worked with us was not there and the waitress waiting on us was unorganized. After repeatedly asking for coffee, water, juice, silverware, etc., we ended up going out into the main restaurant to fetch cups, silverwear, chairs, etc. ourselves. Those who ordered off the menu had a long wait, while some of us just went to the buffet. I don't know why it seemed to be such a complicated order for the staff to handle.

The tables should have been clean, set and ready for us, as there supposedly had been prior planning for this event. There should have been pitchers of water, juice and coffee available for us when we arrived.

I like the location and the look of the hotel. However I'd shop around if I stay in that area again. It shouldn't be a chore to get service (and I don't like to pay extra for amenities that are free in other hotels). I was especially disappointed by the poor planning and arrangements for our family brunch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles from the very first person I met, Philip. He was very helpful and his personality made me feel very welcome and satisfied with my choice of hotels. He gave me great recommedations for surrounding amenities and unlike alot of front desk personnel, clearly showed that he took pride in his job and enjoyed assisting others. I fully enjoyed my stay at this hotel, but my warmest congratulations to the hotel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Congratulations from the heart, you were fantastic.

Room Tip: Front Desk Supervisor ***** Five Stars