Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park
Hilton.com
$104
$159
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

$116
$139
GardenInn.com
$85
$60
All reviewsfree beer winesimple hotelon tuesdaysrtp areafridge and microwavefront deskovernight visitnext morningroom was cleaneasy accessclose to the airportdecent breakfastwithin milesfree breakfastlate at nightwater pressurebreakfast staff
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed here recently while in town for a conference in RTP. This hotel is conveniently located right off of the freeway, and is convenient for commuting to locations within RTP. The staff was friendly as well.

Upon arrival I was given the keys to a smoking room despite the fact that I had a confirmed reservation for a non-smoking room. Upon calling down to the front desk, I was told that no non-smoking rooms were available with the exception of a handicap-accessible room with a zero-entry shower instead of a normal tub/shower combo. As someone who finds cigarette smoke to be extremely irritating, I had no choice but to accept the alternate room. The next morning, I stepped into the shower to discover that the hot water in my shower did not function. The sink had hot water, but not the shower. This was fixed by the hotel staff once I notified them, but these experiences make me question the management of this property.

As has been noted by other travelers, the free breakfast was one of the most disappointing that I have encountered.

I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Arkansas_Dad,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your wonderful comment regarding our friendly staff.

However, We’re sorry about the room assignment and for the lack of hot water in the shower. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms, only problem I had was during the end of my one week stay there was no hot water in the showers, it was freezing! I spoke to one of the workers there who said there was somebody coming to fix it but it was still cold the next couple days so I don't know what happened there! Good standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast, and close to Walmart and take away restaurants, post office etc.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Room very clean. Great location for airport and access to Durham and Chapel Hill.
Trouble with AC on two nights. Asked to be moved away from elevator and switched to one beside it though noise was never a problem.
Hotel staff pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Dear Travelingconnection,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good and the really good comments, I truly value the bad comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Thank you again for your review.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed January 30, 2012

One of the worst breakfasts ever - better to have bagels juice and coffee. Egg thing was nasty and sausage had hard pieces in it - scary. and warm breakfast rolls looked good but were obviously from a package - oh well.
Hotel was just ok for the price - many others around are better.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 92ncca
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I spent 1 night at the Holiday Inn. The check-in staff was friendly, offering me water and popcorn and pointing out the manager's reception. The reception offered some chips and meatballs, beer and wine. There were also cookies available in the lobby. My room was clean and of a comfortable size. It included a small refridgerator and microwave. There were no problems with noise. Internet access worked fine. There is a small exercise room with bike, treadmill, and weights. The breakfast was typical for Holiday Inn Express, mostly a continental breakfast but also with biscuits and gravy, eggs, and pancakes. No hot chocolate was available though, only coffee and tea. The bed was OK, although I have slept in more comfortable beds in other hotels.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business