“excellent service i would highly recomend”

Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham
Ranked #40 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed October 20, 2012

i am presently staying here and all staff are helpful.charlene sauveur of guest services goes beyond her duties..always pleasant.and good spirits.shes always hard at work thanks for making my stay comfortable!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Jonathan A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. Charlene is a very hard working and we are glad to have her on the team. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

After a horrible drive through torrential rain, then to find out that Hilton had shifted my reservations by one day causing me to loose the entire reservation, I was so very happy to discover the Candlewood Suites. At first glance, the entrance is simple with a check-in counter like you would find at a cut rate motel. But then I got to my room to find a spacious room with full kitchenette. The air conditioner was a champ as it turned the room into an icebox at my command (love that being an Iowa boy) yet would quickly warm the room back up when I wanted to be snug for the night. The dishes were all included and were plenty for two people with a full size refridgerator, microwave, and stove top. I get into suites now and then and this one was in super shape. The carpet was a bit off and maybe because of the pet friendly part of this hotel. But the room was really clean otherwise and the bed was very comfortable.
For food and dining (and gasoline), these all (including a full size grocer, Food lion) are right down the street with easy access and I was only minutes away from my meeting in generally moderate traffic.
In any case, this place is much much better than the Hilton Garden Inn (where I lost my reservation at) could have given me. I heard later from others of problems they had at this Hilton, but that is another review in the making.
I will stay here again for sure no matter where my meeting is in the research triangle park area and even just as I am driving acrossed country as this hotel is easy access off of I-40

Room Tip: Check your credit card when you return home. But if there is a mistake, do not panik as the hotel st...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I recently stayed at this location for business in RTP. Upon checkin, the front staff seemed overwhelmed with the people trying to check in. At bedtime, I noticed there was an insect or bug. I got the counter person to come in and see what it was. They couldn't confirm. The next day, the General Manager told me that it was bedbugs and that he apologized. Totally unacceptable and won't stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank 595JohnS595
Jonathan A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

John,
I do apologize for your concerns during your stay. Upon your check out we inspected the room and did not see any signs of bed bugs. However, as a precaution we did have the room treated. This is an involved method of heating the room as well as spraying the room. Once completed we did place bed bug detectors in the room for several days and no bed bugs were detected.
I also apologize for the check in process. We do strive to check all of our guest as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We strive for every guest to have a pleasurable experience when staying with us. I do apologize you did not receive that while you were here.
I would greatly appreciate you giving us another opportunity next time you are in the area. Please feel free to contact me directly at 919-484-9922
Sincerely
Jonathan Allard

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have stayed at this property a few times and each time the wrinkles appear more and more. We were a late arrival and while the front desk people were friendly and helpful, the room was not much above a old roadside motel. Other rooms may have been better but in room 209: The AC worked intermittently, the shower head was barely functional, the cable TV fuzzy except for the moment just after you turned it on or were just turning it off. The walls and floors are insulated extremely well either. Thankfully we were just there to sleep and move on. I'll find a new place to stay in Durham next time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear trisporter717,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are happy to hear that our staff was helpful during your stay. I apologize that you had some items in your room that were not working. Your comments will be looked into. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Clean and comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff. Knew me by name from the first day. Convenient location. Close to I40.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while our adult daughter was at Duke being treated for a medical issue. We ended up being there for 6 days and each day after the 3rd day, we called to the front desk and asked if we could stay an extra day. On Saturday when she was due to be discharged, we asked for a late check out which they graciously allowed. Our daughter was not discharged until almost 4pm, and she was unable to make the trip back to Wilmington, so we ended up staying an additonal night. the staff also found an additional room to accomdate her and gave us a reduced rate for her and put her as close to our room as they could. While we were at dinner, her room's AC quit working and they moved her to another room. The staff took all her belonging to the new room so she didn't have to. At 1am, she had difficulties and the front desk young man brought a bottle of orange juice to her room to help.
I can not say enough nice things about the staff and hotel for going above and beyond to make sure our stay was as stress free as possible and for accomodating our bizarre schedule.

Room Tip: the rooms on the 1st floor past the elevator is the "quiet zone" and we never head any noi...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank patspetpalace
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Hi

I stayed here from Sep 25 to Oct 1 ,2011.The service was overall good,rooms were nice and cozy.There is a complimentary shuttle service,however during weekend it is hard to find a driver who can take you,specially during Sundays when the Hotel is understaffed.

The atmosphere is quite and friendly and also the hotel is centrally located close to shops,eat out joints etc

Room Tip: All rooms are good,Try to take a suite.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family