“Like I said, I will be back!"”

Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Florida
“Like I said, I will be back!"”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I recently returned to a property where I have stayed previously--the Candlewood Suites in the Research Triangle Park (Raleigh-Durham), NC. Once again, everything was great---wonderful staff, very comfortable room, and perfect location. I was welcomed by folks at the front desk. In addition, they presented me with a welcome gift; although it was nothing fancy---(water, chex mix, and a candy bar)---, I regarded it as they valued my business! That's what makes this property stand out above others in that same area (and other places where I travel). I will be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Welcome, North Carolina
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The Service is always hospitable and the rooms clean and accomodating. I love having the convenience of the Kitchen and DVD player.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The place is quiet, has spacious rooms with kitchens, and the location is great - easy off the interstate and close to Durham's biggest mall area. Laundry is free and the gym's decent. The only issue I have with the hotel is that housekeeping only cleans the rooms once a week, definitely not enough. The rooms are rather dated, ditto the furniture but they're still acceptable.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank absolute_alex
LeAnnDurham, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
I saw that you had stayed with us in September 2010 and since then we have completed a major renovation. The rooms now have a fresh look. If ever you visit Durham again, please try us out. A lot of times we can have housekeeping provide a light touch on your room if requested. Sincerely, Michelle Brown, Director of Sales
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I have been staying here when i am in town for many years. Johnathan and Michelle (hope the are spelled correctly) have made me feel wanted and missed at every return, The rest of the staff is great. I am always unhappy when i come to town and have to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you can get one the 1 bedroom suites are worth it
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Pelahatchie
Reviewed July 12, 2011

For the price, worth the trip. Little different from normal hotels with the towels and room serviced only once a week but nice place overall.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2011

During our recent trip to Durham,Nc. My Daughter and i were at a loss for accomodations.
We arrived at Candlewood Suites in Durham,Nc. Upon explaining out tale of woe,The General Manager Jonathan W. Allard came though for us with a Beautiful room and at Fantastic rate..
I can't express my graditude enough to Mr.Allard......He's an exceptional person..
I highly recommend Candlewood Suites Durham/RTP NC to anyone planning a visit to that area.........

Room Tip: Make a reservation !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
West Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 19, 2011

The biggest surprise was seeing the smoke detector covered in a plastic bag. This is a serious code violation. Perhaps the last guest put this bag on the smoke detector, however the cleaning staff should have spotted it.

Speaking of the cleaning staff....when I booked the hotel there was no mention that the clieaning staff only comes between guests. They do not clean the rooms each day. i've never seen this before. In the Raleigh Durham area there are many other hotel which are in the same price range, but offer a higher level of service.

The heat /cooling is on a motion sensor, which I'm guessing gets disabled at night. I slept lousy because the heat kicked in at night and I woke up because it was 76 degrees in the room. The next morning I went to take a shower and found there were no wash cloths. I was given 3 towels because my stay was 3 nights long. The shower head was broken, so instead of a fine mist, it was like a firehose.

I have to say the woman who worked at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. The free internet was rock solid, and plenty of hot water....but sorry won't be back to the fire trap.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
LeAnnDurham, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
As you can see, most of our guest's experiences are positive. I personally apologize that you did not have the same experience. Our staff is very proactive with complaints and we were not aware of your dissatisfaction during your stay. Upon your arrival, you should have been told that we are an extended-stay hotel where we respect your privacy and housekeeping is only provided once a week. Concerning the bag over the smoke detector was certainly an oversight and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will reconsider our hotel the next time you are visiting Durham. You are welcome to call me personally when making your next reservation.

Thank you for your comments.

Jonathan Allard