Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham
Ranked #40 of 70 Hotels in Durham
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

During our recent trip to Durham,Nc. My Daughter and i were at a loss for accomodations.
We arrived at Candlewood Suites in Durham,Nc. Upon explaining out tale of woe,The General Manager Jonathan W. Allard came though for us with a Beautiful room and at Fantastic rate..
I can't express my graditude enough to Mr.Allard......He's an exceptional person..
I highly recommend Candlewood Suites Durham/RTP NC to anyone planning a visit to that area.........

Room Tip: Make a reservation !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
West Warwick, Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

The biggest surprise was seeing the smoke detector covered in a plastic bag. This is a serious code violation. Perhaps the last guest put this bag on the smoke detector, however the cleaning staff should have spotted it.

Speaking of the cleaning staff....when I booked the hotel there was no mention that the clieaning staff only comes between guests. They do not clean the rooms each day. i've never seen this before. In the Raleigh Durham area there are many other hotel which are in the same price range, but offer a higher level of service.

The heat /cooling is on a motion sensor, which I'm guessing gets disabled at night. I slept lousy because the heat kicked in at night and I woke up because it was 76 degrees in the room. The next morning I went to take a shower and found there were no wash cloths. I was given 3 towels because my stay was 3 nights long. The shower head was broken, so instead of a fine mist, it was like a firehose.

I have to say the woman who worked at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. The free internet was rock solid, and plenty of hot water....but sorry won't be back to the fire trap.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
LeAnnDurham, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
As you can see, most of our guest's experiences are positive. I personally apologize that you did not have the same experience. Our staff is very proactive with complaints and we were not aware of your dissatisfaction during your stay. Upon your arrival, you should have been told that we are an extended-stay hotel where we respect your privacy and housekeeping is only provided once a week. Concerning the bag over the smoke detector was certainly an oversight and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will reconsider our hotel the next time you are visiting Durham. You are welcome to call me personally when making your next reservation.

Thank you for your comments.

Jonathan Allard
Indianapo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

Very friendly and comfortable environment. Rooms have kitchen facilities, great bed and linens, and effecient workspace for computer and eating. Free laundry facilities if you need them conveintly located on the 1st floor. Staff greeted us anytime we were in the common areas. Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chelle_5491, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Jonathan Allard
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

We stay 1 night to attend the Alabama/Duke football game. This hotel was nice as well as the room and the bed was reasonable comfortable. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for a month and loved it. I've already made a reservation for the next time I'll be in Durham. Clean, well maintained; staff friendly and eager to help. Gym and free laundry worked well. Perhaps the best feature is the gazebo. My first night I ventured out to the gazebo and was greeted by regulars who grill out and socialize. It is a predominantly blue collar crowd--but not exclusively (e.g., medical, marketing and publishing professionals).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
st. petersburg, florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

I stayed from 7/2/10 to 8/27/10 as an extended stay guest. I had a summer internship job at the EPA and definitely needed a decent place to stay and I found it at the Candlewood Suites. Although I found it a tad bit expensive it was for sure worth it. Excellent service from the desk clerk, room service and security measures in place were more than I could have asked for especially in a new city and being away from home alone. When there was a problem with the stove not working maintenance was sent the very next day to fix. I also did not have to be concern about the room being kept clean as maid service was sent on a weekly basis. I highly recommend this location and would not hesitate to to return to this location.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

I stayed at your Hotel when my mother was in the hospital and it was very pleasant, the rooms were very clean and the staff was excellant. I needed help with some Business for my mother and Michelle Brown was very helpful in helping me with things that i needed to get done. I would recomend this Hotel to friends and Business partners. I will start staying in your chains when on vacation or on Business in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo