Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Lots of free parking. Free internet that was surprisingly fast. Stayed in a suite that was huge (122) on the first floor. Other than doors slamming down the hallway no other noise penetrated our walls. Free hot breakfast with plenty of choices that change daily, Free happy hour with Free food (menu changes daily) and Free beer on tap and wine daily served in huge lodge area. Free USA Today paper each morning. Problem with television remote was rectified within minutes with new remote brought to our room. Keep an eye on toilet paper. Our cleaning ladies failed to replenish our toilet paper supply and twice I had to go to the front desk to get toilet paper for the bathroom. Swimming pool area was clean at all times with ample supply of towels as well as outdoor seating. Weight room/gym was also available but I failed to use it. Pillows were a little too soft for my comfort but the mattresses were fine. Rate was $129 a night and was well worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for 122 if you need a suite with 2 queen beds and a pull out couch, Bigger than the rest for som...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank joee5
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle

Reviewed June 6, 2011

I stay at Home wood suites when I get a opportunity. This place is terrible very poor quality , staff and choice at the managers receptions and complimentary breakfast are poor they need to learn what service means.
Room had very old paint air condition went had lint all over. I found a bed bug as well.
If I could I would stay away from this place.
I use trip advisor a lot before selecting a place to stay but found the reviews for this place were misleading I would stay away after the bed bug.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
HomewoodSuites--RTP, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2011

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your recent visit to our hotel. After you shared this information with our desk staff during checkout, we immediately investigated the room that you stayed in, as well as surrounding rooms. After our visual examination determined no signs of pests, we took additional steps to contact a national pest control service, and they conducted an additional visual examination and a more thorough scientific analysis. We have received the results of that analysis, and have confirmed that pests were not present in the room.

Our hotel is thoroughly inspected and treated for all pests as a part of our monthly maintenance process. We pride ourselves in providing a safe, clean environment and outstanding service to our guests, and take any complaint that we may receive with the utmost concern.

The Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP/Research Triangle has recently undergone a renovation, with new paint and fixtures in all of our guest rooms, as well as public spaces. We will look into your additional maintenance concerns, as it is not characteristic of a newly renovated hotel to have issues with paint, and our engineering staff has a regular schedule of maintaining air conditioning units. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention so that we can better serve our guests.

If you have additional questions or concerns, I encourage you to contact the hotel directly, and we would be happy to discuss with you. Again, thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed here for one night since we had an early morning flight, and it was close to the airport. We had a king suite with a separate bedroom, living room, and kitchen. The kitchen had a full size refrigerator, counter top stove, microwave, and dishwasher. The bedroom and living room both had their own flat screen TV. One of the remotes didn’t work, so I asked the man at the front desk if he could replace the batteries. He said he would have housekeeping bring us a new one. No one brought us a new one, so we just shared the one we had. It wasn’t a big deal, but it would have been more convenient to have two. Everything else was fine. The room was clean and comfortable, and there were plates and utensils in the kitchen to use for take-out. The business center had a computer and printer, and the fitness room had several pieces of equipment. We had to leave very early in the morning to make our flight, so we didn’t get to sample the breakfast. The hotel is close to the airport, but not near any shops or restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saluga
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I had to change rooms 3 different times. The first room that I went to, there were clearly stains on the duvets of both beds in my room. I called the front desk and the man said "Well no one is here to clean your room so pack up your things and we can move you." How inconvenient for 10pm at night. The second room I went to also had dirty duvet covers (I mean, come on, there were obvious stains) and the heat didn't work (a chilly 60 degrees). So I had to switch rooms a third time. I asked for a clean comforter and they didn't have any (they obviously only get one duvet per bed and don't ever clean them). Instead they gave me a fleece blanket to use. My bath tub had hair in it that didn't belong to me. I would have given cleanliness a zero if I could.

The concept of this hotel is great for business travelers; especially if you're going to be on a long trip. Each suite has a kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. Complimentary breakfast and dinner is served (dinner only on weekdays). However, the lack of cleanliness is not worth a stay at this hotel. I definitely do not recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
HomewoodSuites--RTP, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2010

I thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to provide us with the feedback that you have. I am sorry for the issues you encountered with your bedspreads, heat, and unclean bathtub.

We want our guests to have the best possible stay in which everything exceeds their expectations. You can be confident that I will follow up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you may be.

We value you as a guest and I want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. I would also like to invite you back to stay with us. Please give us the opportunity to demonstrate our typical service.

Reviewed November 22, 2010

Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP/Research Triangle. Nice hotel to stay with good facilities at cheap rate.Good hotels are nearby that adds to advantage.Breakfast is complementary with good internet service,

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Homewood suites is a relatively large hotel in the Research Triangle area of Raleigh-Durham. Travellers of all kinds will find it an attractive place to stay for several reasons:
- Great location: the hotel is conveniently located only a few miles from the Raleigh-Durham airport. One block from the freeway with easy access. Less than 5 minutes drive to most High-Tech companies in the area.
- Rooms: very large suites with separate bedroom. LCD TVs and phones in each room. Full size fridge, dishwasher and well equipped kitchen.
- Clean: The suites are very, very clean – it feels like the place has been remodeled recently.
- Staff: courteous and helpful – do not hesitate to ask them for anything you need. They will help with a smile.
- Free breakfast: Breakfast was actually pretty good – wide selection of fruits and pastries, eggs, bacon, etc
- Ample parking all around

The only down side is that there is no restaurant in the hotel and all restaurants within walking distance are fast food joints. There are plenty of good places to eat within 2-3 miles radius though.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Stopped for a night on our way to the Outer Banks. Huge suite with 2 queen size beds; kitchen with full size fridge & small oven; complimentary cookies and bottled water waiting in room; great continental breakfast - all at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family