“I love this place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I absolutely love Only Burger and whenever craving a burger I normally end up here. Personally I find this spot much better than other competitors such as Five Guys and Freddy's. The Greek Special is my favorite -- making my mouth water thinking about it! If not terribly hunger try a side! I recommend the fried pickles, fries and the jumbo bacon wrapped jalapeno popper.

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

This place in a small shopping center serves a variety of beef burgers but also turkey and veggie burgers. If you have four or more in your group seating is limited with most seating suitable for two people. You order at the counter and they give you food in brown paper bags whether you are eating there or not (no kidding). The atmosphere is rather plain.

The turkey burger is delicious. Onion rings were really good but perhaps a little too heavily breaded. French fries were good also. The fried green tomato and pimento sliders were good but my daughter said they did not really have real pimento cheese.

My only major complaint was they did not offer tea to drink - only soft drinks. The Staff was very friendly. They also have Only Burger food trucks.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

First the restaurant...limited seating but there are 3 stone round tables by the front entrance that are covered by the building facade and have ivy growing over the walls and ceiling. There is also picnic type seating 30 yards away in a grassy area on the other side of the parking lot. We went at a good time and had no issues with the wait or finding seating but I imagine at busy times, you have to get it to go. It was a beautiful day and we sat at one of the round stone tables. Now the food. It's a burger joint so if you don't like burgers, don't go. Beef, turkey and veggie. Several specialty burgers and then a build your own a la carte option. The burgers are not as big as you might get other places but they are extremely good. As a side, I got the fried green tomatoes. I prefer them a little more lightly fried but they were still good. In a world where burger joints seem to be popping up everywhere, you find more and more marginal places. Only Burger is top notch and I highly recommmend.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

A good burger, small location with limited seating, so be there early and beat the rush. I have not found a bad meal. If it is full. Just take the order to go.

1  Thank Geomanjim
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Only Burger is the best place in Durham for burgers. We've been to Bull City Burgers and numerous bars and restaurants in the area (The Federal, Tyler's, James Joyce, Bull McCabes...), and nothing comes close to Only Burger for taste. We noticed that the menu got an update recently, moving the Frito Bandito Burger (our favorite) and some others that were previously on their "specials" list to the regular menu. They also have plenty of great beer and sides to choose from. We like the bacon-wrapped mac and cheese (it is as heavy as it sounds). The atmosphere is nothing flashy but good for a quick bite and typical for a burger place.

1  Thank K K