SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park
$91
$81
$68
Priceline
All reviewsfront deskoffice parkwafflesbusiness arealarge roomnice hotelworkout roomwould stay here againa great stayfree weightsthe hotel staffthe breakfast areacomfortable bedsthe staff was friendly and helpfulwould recommend this hotel to anyoneeasy accessnorth carolina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2009

The good:

- The living room and bedroom are somewhat divided by a wall.
- The TV is positioned between the living room and the bedroom and can swivel to be viewable in either room.
- There's free wifi.
- The fridge is very cold.
- There's plenty of pillows (5 pillows on a king size bed), with varied fillings.
- There's an abundance of electrical outlets, for us gadget junkies.
- There's a phone on the desk in the kitchen area, and there's another phone in the bedroom.
- Furniture, light fixtures, etc seem to be in good condition.
- There are 4 mirrors in the room, which would be useful if traveling in a group. Or really awful, if you're a vampire.
- There's an indoor pool & jacuzzi.
- I'd put a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, and housekeeping left a very courteous voicemail message on the in-room phone letting me know that if I needed anything, I could get it from the front desk.
- Breakfast had variety. There were: milk, chocolate milk, tomato juice, yogurt (activia & dannon light & fit), waffles, grits, muffins, donuts, english muffins, bananas, apples, toast, oatmeal (with a bunch of different things you could add, like raisins & walnuts), bagels, 4 or 5 different cereals, coffee (of course), hot cocoa, apple juice, orange juice, eggs, & sausage. It was a really decent spread, actually.

The bad:
- The fridge was cold, without having a temperature adjustment control. My bottle of water was half-ice, when I got around to drinking it.
- The walls are thin. I had Room 106 which is right next to some room used by the housekeeping and other staff, and could hear them in the morning and in the evening.
- The toilet is apparently made/placed for someone with really short legs and really long arms. It's really low to the ground, and you can barely reach the toilet paper dispenser while sitting on it.
- The a/c gets too cold, even on the lowest settings.
- The hair dryer sucks at drying.
- Housekeeping knocked on my door at around 9 am the morning I was due to check out, to ask when I was checking out.

For the $59/night that I paid, it was definitely worth it overall. The room was spacious and clean (with the exception of one hair on a mirror), and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank chicken260
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Used Marriott points to stay.

ok - location- very weird location in a business park or something?

NO ATM ON SITE!! There is a small "market" in the lobby that has frozen dinners, ice cream, microwavable foods and toiletries.

Missed the breakfast (it ended at 930am on Sat.) so I cant comment- apparently its a decent spread! Eggs, sausage, biscuits, etc.

The room - there were two beds and a pull out couch - more than enough space! - two TV's, microwave, small fridge, a desk for working (free internet!). The bathroom was a bit small - the sink is outside of the actual toilet area. Good water pressure and good water temperature. The bed was comfy - the walls are T H I N (so if you are *ahem* loud.. take note!!!!)

there are lotttttts of food choices within a 3 minute drive- sushi to fast food - you will find it.

I would stay here again but I would like to try other nearby choices first.

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank Ms.Me2
Reviewed January 5, 2009

This was our second stay at the SpringHill Suites, and we have no complaints about the staff/property. Yes, the rooms are showing some signs of age, but I understand that a projected renovation of the property has been put on hold. Our room was more than adequate for two people, and our requests at the front desk were handled promptly and courteously. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2008

Great hotel on a budget price. Rooms are clean and comfortable. We've stayed at this hotel several times throughout the past year and have always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. There were a lot of kids during one of our stay. Two kids pulled the fire alarm which created an inconvenience since we had to leave the hotel. Luckily it happened in the afternoon and not at night. Staff always tried their best to make our stay enjoyable. Nice breakfast, though breakfast area is not very big and can get crowded fast.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Our family was very disappointed with this hotel. The rooms were very small, not exactly a suite but one large room. Once the (very small) pullout couch was opened there was barely enough room to walk passed it.
I would not reccomend this hotel for a family travelling with children. This room may be appropriate for no more than 2 people.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business