SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park
Ranked #36 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Spent overnight while traveling. We received a warm and friendly welcome from the front desk staff. Hotel is new so the rooms were very spacious, flat screen television, microwave and frig. Our children enjoyed the indoor pool. Full breakfast in the morning which was another perk. We would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
James W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Thank you so much for staying at the SpringHill Suites RDU. It's great to hear that you had such a great stay while you were with us. The time you took to share your review is greatly appreciated and we love hearing that our associates took well care of you as a guest. Your review will be shared with the hotel staff. Thank you again and please come back and visit us soon. Have a wonderful day

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Newer property, recently renovated, < 10 minutes from RDU right on the perimeter of the business section of Research Triangle Park. Very good shape, nicely designed spacious rooms with living/working area, fridge, microwave and small sink (no stove), overall quite comfortable. Somewhat expansive lobby, above average free breakfast (3 hot choices, fresh fruit), small indoor pool/whirlpool. Small business area, good internet speed with an efficient printer. No restaurants within walking distance but several choices 5-10 minutes away. Great business choice being close to RDU as well as RTP locations.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank edtoby007
James W, Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent review of the hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stopped on a Friday nite on my way south. Unlike some others, I had a great experience. Although the hotel was full, it was quiet (I slept as well as I ever had in a "one nite hotel." Great selection of pillows, comfortable bed, and quiet (the smell of food actually woke me up). The room was clean and well laid out. It was not, of course a suite and the divisions were more psychological than physical but it had an area for a desk or table (depending on whether you were working or eating) with a microwave, refrigerator, sink and coffee pot. a small sitting area with a fold out couch, sleeping area and sink divided by a door from the shower and commode. The breakfast was excellent for the breed. Hot food included scrambled eggs, oatmeal, waffles and sausage meats. Also 4 or five cold cereals, rolls, bagels, etc. There was a good assortment of soap, shampoo, body wash, lotion, etc. Like all Springhill Suites, there was a "Market" area with microwavable entrees, ice cream and an assortment of sweet and salty snacks. Parking is free and the wireless internet connection is free. There is an indoor pool and an exercise area (I didn't use either). It is located within a mile of several restaurants. There is a shuttle to the airport (apparently close by but I didn't hear a single aircraft).
Rack rates vary of course but I got my room on line for $65.00 a nite ($76.00 with tax) so it was a tremendous value. There were no extra charges, the hotel staff was pleasant and helpful, the hot water was hot - none of the complaints some reviewers had. I couldn't be happier and I would come back. My room was on one of the far ends on the first floor so that could have made a difference in sound, but truth to tell, I slept better in the hotel than I usually do at home.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank HokieJohn

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing experiences from your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities we have to offer. It's great to hear when our staff has made a guests stay so enjoyable. Your review will be shared with the staff. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again. Have a great day!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I saw the previous negative reviews after I had booked my stay, so I was nervous. I do not write reviews very often, but my stay was excellent - especially considering the price point of this hotel. It is located in a wooded corporate business area not far from the airport and is very quiet. The workout room is adequate. The pool is indoor and although small, is good for a quick dip. The breakfast was very good. The attendant, Karla, kept everything up and there was an excellent variety: waffles, eggs, sausage, cereals, fruit, yogurt, bagels and a variety of breads and muffins. Everyone said good morning to me - the front desk, the breakfast attendant, and even a maintenance worker. It's not the Ritz, but certainly an excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
James W, Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us earlier this month. It is great to hear that you had such a great stay while you were with us. The time you took to share your review is greatly appreciated and we love hearing that our associates took well care of you as a guest. Your review will be shared with the hotel staff. Thank you again and please come back and visit us soon. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I am a loyal Marriott customer but I would never stay at this hotel again. I got no sleep from a noisy air conditioner, along with the rumbling refrigerator - and then all I wanted in the morning after a long night was a hot shower, which was lukewarm at best. Not only that, but they charged me $20 for "incidentals" that I never used and said it was a hold in case there was something I charged to the room that couldn't be covered. A sad practice if you ask me and totally unacceptable from a Marriott property. Never again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to provide feedback. Please accept my sincere apology that we let you down during your recent stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on excellent product and it was disappointing that we did not provide the product that you have come to expect with our brand. I truly appreciate your feedback as it will help our management team continue to improve and strive towards providing great product every stay. Your comments have been shared with our leadership team members so we can look for further opportunity and to address the specific feedback you provided

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Overall, this was a bad experience. Toilet had to be fixed two different times, bathroom floor was under water, twice. Requested 5 wake-up calls......got three.....other two never came. Hotel blamed the phone for not working?? Laundry room only has 1 washer and 1 dryer, other guests left clothes in washer for hours at a time (not the hotels fault, but there was not a sign reminding people to not leave clothes). Morning breakfast area attendant was nowhere to be found during the entire stay, almost like they were hiding. I stay roughly 180 nights a year, mostly in Marriott properties, I am very loyal; but this property falls short in almost everyway. Will never stay here again, and would not suggest it to anyone I care about.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel, there are plenty of other hotels nearby. Spend the extra money if you...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
James W, Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to provide feedback. Please accept my sincere apology that we let you down during your recent stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on service excellence and it was disappointing that we did not provide the service that you have come to expect with our brand. I truly appreciate your feedback as it will help our management team continue to improve and strive towards providing great service every stay. Your comments have been shared with our leadership team members so we can look for further opportunity and to address the specific feedback you provided

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in RTP to attend a wedding. Staff was very accommodating as we arrive late and left late. Nice area to walk. Noise not a factor despite being close to interstate. Indoor pool with spa nice.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your recent review of the hotel. . We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the pool area. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Raleigh-Durham area