SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park
Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed March 9, 2008

On appearance everything looked fine. The hotel is in a nice area, its fairly new, the room was laid out well, and the front desk was very friendly upon check in. Unfortunately, looks were deceiving. My biggest complaint was the noise. All night long we heard the sounds of other guests closing their doors. I attempted to use the heat/fan to drown out the noise, but instead it blew directly on me and after a few minutes started making strange noises, so I turned it off. There should be a cover on the vents to direct the air away from the bed. In the morning after a bad night's sleep I realized that the way the doors work, you can't help but close them loudly. Our tub also had a stain that I am not used to seeing when staying at Marriott hotels. I won't stay here again. I chose this hotel to save a little money, but next time I will splurge to get a better night's sleep.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 1, 2008

The place might have once been in good condition, but we found it to be old, musty, rusty, dusty, and scratched. The front desk staff was pretty friendly and there were various snacks to buy from the lobby. But it was overpriced, and the room was not in a good condition. We would NOT stay there again if we're in the area again.

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed February 11, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for a romantic weekend getaway. The room was nice, yet the furniture style was a little dated. Other than that, I have no complaints. It was very clean and the bed felt great! The customer service at the front desk was top notch, and the hotel was very quiet and peaceful. Very efficient and modern elevators. The workout room contains a treadmill, stair climber, elliptical and a weight-lifting center. The breakfast was absolutely awesome! Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ncmon
Reviewed February 8, 2008

Nice, Clean 2-3 year old Newish Hotel and above average, friendly front desk staff. The hotel will drive you to restaurants near the airport but you will have to give them a little notice as the hotel shuttle may be somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Celling
Reviewed July 25, 2006

I, my wife, and my 4 yo daughter stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting the Raleigh-Durham area. We wanted something centrally located, as we were visitng people all over the triangle, and this location turned out to be very good for that.

The suites were nice, though not particularly huge - on the slightly smaller side of suites, but still plenty of room. The bedroom and the "living room" were separated by an open doorway - there was no door between them, though. There was a small kitchen area. The cost for us was about the same as non-suite hotels in the area, and you certainly got much more than you would in a standard hotel. My 4 y.o. particularly liked the fact that we had a suite - talking about how we could eat all our meals in the room... The suite also made it easier for us to put her to bed a bit earlier (but a door to the bedroom would have helped even more).

There was an indoor pool and fitness center (w/ treadmill and a weight machine). There's also a Gold's Gym really close by. Internet access was free in the room, though not wireless. I really liked the breakfast - beyond all the standard continental stuff, they had make-your-own waffles, as well as eggs, sausage, and cheese that you could put together wtih the English muffins to make a "mcmuffin". The staff were very friendly.

The hotel is in a business area of the triangle, and though near I-40, you have to drive down a bit - it's not right at the exit. There aren't restaurants right there, but going a few exits down I-40 in either direction will get you to several (especially the Southpoint mall exit in Durham, about 6 miles away). The people staying there (we were there on a Satuday and Sunday night) appeared to be a mix of families, groups, and business travelers.

Overall, it was a very nice stay, and for the money it was an excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank jkeyser
Reviewed October 9, 2005

My husband and I stayed here one night, Oct.8th while attending the Rolling Stones concert at Wallace Wade Stadium. The property is in a new corporate center, low key - no retail and only two food establishments (Arbys and McDonalds). Closest "real" restaurant is one exit down and is a Texas Steakhouse, however you are within 10-15 mins. drive of downtown Durham, Duke University, the stadium, the airport and many restaurants and shopping. The suites are well appointed, clean and spacious. They could use new mattresses, very hard and lumpy. The deluxe breakfast was better than most Marriott's complete with the waffle iron, egg/sausage macmuffins, yogurt, hot oatmeal, lots of pastries and a variety of juices/milk and coffee. The pool is indoors and extremely small as is the fitness center. We would return again for a night or several, the property is in a central location, clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2005
Reviewed June 22, 2005

We stayed here for a wedding and were well pleased with our rooms. Everything was tastefully decorated. The breakfast was more than just pastries - hot and cold cereal, fresh waffles, fruit, cheese, etc. The breakfast room did get crowded later on in the morning, so on a busy weekend, it's best to get there early. The staff was very helpful and friendly, however we did have one problem, due to Marriott's policy of not guaranteeing adjoining rooms until you check in. My daughter had requested these since she had small children. I was there early and checked to see if she would be able to get them. When she arrived they did not have any available even though they had asssured me that morning that they would set them aside for her. They did get her rooms at another Marriott in the area but we were disappointed we weren't all together. And she had to pay more at the other hotel. It would be nice if there had been a restaurant close to the hotel. There is a small, but nice indoor pool as well as the weight room.

Stayed: May 2005