“Very Friendly, Clean, Good Bargain”

SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park
Ranked #29 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very Friendly, Clean, Good Bargain”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I wasn't sure when I book this hotel if it would be to out of the way, but it was the best weekend bargain from Marriott in the area. It turned out to be perfect. It was convenient to everything, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included which was pretty much what you would expect, okay but not outstanding. I didn't us the pool, but did use the fitness center which was small, but all the equipment was new. Happy with our choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
VA
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Really 2.5 stars at best, but the polite staff makes me round it up. Still, the negatives here really outweigh the positives.

First thing was when I got off the elevator and saw my room--directly across from the elevator. I'm a Marriott Rewards member with Silver status who booked this weeks ago on Marriott.com. So there's no reason to give me the Priceline room, but that's what we got. My companion was tired and didn't want to bother going back to the lobby.

There was a big bag of garbage by the door, which by morning gave way to a big garbage bin (see photo). The room, however, was clean.

That's more than can be said for the breakfast area. By 9 a.m. on a Sunday it had clearly been overrun. No trash cans had been emptied probably since meal service began (see photo). Much of the food was depleted, the counters were a mess, and, well...add $13 to the price of the room, because we went to Brueggers Bagels.

The mattresses were quite mushy, along with the pillows. Not much to watch on TV -- many channels simply had a message from DirecTV.

I stepped out into the hall at 8:20 a.m. on a Sunday and the maids were already at work, so use that "Do Not Disturb" sign. Oddly, they were working Saturday night at 6 p.m. when we arrived.

On the plus side, plenty of hot water and pressure. And the A/C worked well.

I usually like SpringHill Suites, but this is the exception. Go to the Fairfield Inn (the one on Sellona Street) -- a few bucks more but worlds apart.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HonestReviewForU
Bloomington, IN
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We needed a place to stay after arriving late at RDU airport. This hotel was lovely and at an excellent price; plenty of room for the 5 of us, very clean overall, breakfast adequate and well-presented, very friendly and helpful staff. One thing is that it is not, in fact, that close to the airport - not a problem for us, as we had a car, but it was a bit tricky to find in a thunderstorm! But we called the front desk and they were very helpful about navigating us to it. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Asheville, NC
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stopped in Raleigh for one night while headed to OBX. Love Springhill Suites. The rooms are wonderful, the bathrooms are big and clean. It seems no matter which location I choose, they never let me down. Easy location to find and close to I-40. Would highly recommend this property.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I love the SpringHill Suites chain. They're so cool, modern, clean, and crisp. This location was no different. From check-in to check-out, everyone was beyond nice and friendly. The room was great with super high ceilings, a nice mini-fridge, microwave, and sink area and a huge bathroom. The bed was excellent and the tv worked great with a ton of channels. I had to leave before the 7:00 am breakfast start time (Sundays) so unfortunately I didn't get to take advantage of their usual huge spread. I know what kind of breakfast these SpringHill Suites hotels serve (for free) so I really hated to miss that. I highly recommend this hotel if you're in the Raieigh area. It's close to the airport, close to Raleigh, Close to Durham, close to everything. It's a great hotel.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room, which I never have, but it was whisper quiet with no noise above or from...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
frederick, maryland
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I needed a hotel that was conveniently located between the airport and NIEHS. I was picked up promptly at the airport in the hotel shuttle van, the reception staff was very nice, and the room was very satisfactory. Complimentary breakfast was disappointing and about equivalent to a lower level chain (e.g., Travel Lodge). The location was a bit of a walk to the nearest restaurant and not close to much of anything else. They offered van service to anything in about a 3 mile radius but that didn't work out so well. NIEHS is about 5-10 minutes drive but took us more than an hour, going the wrong way down the very long TW Alexander Drive to the end(!) and then held up at the gate because the hotel van driver had no i.d.(including driver's license!); I paid $15 for a cab for each trip after that. If you are stuck for food, they have overpriced choices in a little food nook. Looked like a small but nice fitness facility. Will look for a different Marriott or other property on my next visit.

Room Tip: I heard someone complaining about the noise in their room from the road side of the building; appare...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank fred200099
North Carolina
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

Room was large and clean. Air conditioner right next to bed. The free breakfast left much to be desired, but at least it was available, Front desk staff helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Raleigh-Durham Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle
Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park

Been to SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park

Property: SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park
Address: 920 Slater Road, Durham, NC 27703-8061
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
#21 Business Hotel in Durham
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park 3*
Visit SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park located between Raleigh, Durham, Morrisville, Chapel Hill, and Cary, in North Carolina. Our suites feature separate living, sleeping and working areas with complimentary high-speed internet, mini-fridge, microwave oven and coffee maker. Unwind in our indoor pool or fitness center. Enjoy complimentary new hot and healthy breakfast options before you start your day! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Durham