“not one negative>>the BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!”

Marriott at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed December 10, 2013

BEDS WERE SUPER COMFY free parking and plenty of it.
this hotel was the cleanest, nicest staff, best breakfast, best location, went down for a soccer tournament..all the fields were within 25 minutes . it is close to the airport so arriving at night and departure on sunday went smooth and convenient. pool lovely. staff was exceptional..i have never met a nicer staff.
close to airport but no noise..fast food and some restaurants right down the road..as well as gas.. highway right there..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Bill C, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We have the cleanest and friendliest hotel in town. The Marriott bedding package is hard to beat and our location right off of I40 is very convenient. Plenty of amenities close by and the airport close too. We look forward to your return next year.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I've been staying at the Marriott RTP every week for business. It is conveniently located near all the RTP businesses and restaurants. There is also a shuttle that takes guests to airports and other sites. The hotel and concierge staff are very friendly and accommodating. Marty from Sales and Marketing was especially helpful and went the extra mile to help me book my stays. I will definitely be staying here for any future travels to the Triangle area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Bill C, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Linda,

Thank you for your feedback. Marty is just one of many friendly and helpful associates at the hotel. We feel we have the friendliest staff in town. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott Research Triangle on 11/7/13. The staff was terrific. Front desk personnel were efficient and very friendly and accommodating. The executive lounge staff was great. Very friendly, very efficient. The lounge was well stocked with delicious warm foods, and then later with great desserts. Morning breakfast was equally good. I'll definitely be back whenever flying out of RDU.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Bill C, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We feel we have the friendliest staff in town. It is great to hear the staff took great care of you. I will share your comments with the team. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This property is really set up for business travel but we recently stayed here for a family wedding. The rooms were bight and sunny, clean and comfortable. We happened to stay when UNC Basketball team was on site and that was an added bonus. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Bill C, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are a great hotel for business or leisure. Our bright spacious rooms are great to get some work done or just relax. The wireless internet and 42" HD TV are a nice plus too. We are close to Duke, UNC and Wake Forest and right off interstate 40 and colse to 540. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel for 3 days, we were able to relax, enjoy the facilities and surrounding areas. Hotel employees were very accommodating and helpful. It was nice to be able to have breakfast at the hotel also. We plan on revisiting this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jmbjudy
Bill C, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We have very friendly and accomodating employees and a great breakfast buffet. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I am frequent Marriott customer and I had heard so-so things about this particular location. I was pleasantly surprised at the clean, modern rooms, friendly staff, and excellent food. It was 8 minutes from my company's offices and right by the highway. It was a great stay and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: October 2013

Chuck S,

Thank you for your comments. We are indeed a hidden jem. We truly believe we have the cleanest and friendliest hotel in town. Our food is not your typical hotel fare. Our Food and Beverage Director has been here 24 years and takes great pride in the food we serve. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had a friend come in from Boston for the weekend a couple of weeks ago, and he wanted to stay near the airport. He made his reservation per my suggestion at the Marriott RTP. I picked my friend up at RDU and we were at the Marriott in less than 10 minutes. I hadn't been there in a while and there were many new faces. Thankfully Laronte (sp?) was there and greeted me with a smile and shook the hand of my friend. He was nice enough to add free breakfast in the restaurant both days, such a wonderful gesture! Cherille(sp?) saw me from all the way in the restaurant and waved and came up and we hugged, she has always been so nice to me, it was so great to see her again! Even the bellman/shuttle bus driver greeted me with a big smile, it's nice to be remembered by the staff still there from last year. And I have to say the new staff is friendly and accommodating even if they don't know me yet.

My friend Philip said the breakfast buffet was really great both mornings and the service was spot on! He enjoyed the lounge chairs outside on the patio beside the indoor pool. And took a dip in the pool before heading back up to his room. When my out of state friends are happy, I'm happy!

I've stayed there many times over the years! In the summer of 2012 (that HOT one) My AC broke and I was there for a whole week! The new renovations of the bar area, lobby area, and front desk are really nice. I'm hoping the 2 suites there will get a face lift. The furniture in the living room is dated but the suite I've stayed in before is still very large and nice. It's near the elevators though and the bedroom is in the front of the suite.

I'll always consider the Marriott RTP a special hotel and the weekend rates are always a bargain for a Marriott property. Thank you again Marriott RTP!

Laura

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Bill C, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Laura,

Thank you for your feedback. We have the friendliest staff in town and as you mentioned several of them have been with us for many years and are great at remembering guests. We have made many improvements to the hotel over the years and will continue to enhance the property each year. Our food offerings are outstanding, not your typical hotel food and the staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. We look forward to your next visit.

Bill

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park
Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park
The Mayton Inn
The Mayton Inn
#7 of 22 in Cary

Been to Marriott at Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!