“Good hotel while on business trip”

Marriott at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Approximately 10 nights spent in this hotel last January while on business trip in NC. Hotel is OK and rates quite fair. Bedroom was spacious and clean. Staff is friendly.

On a scale of 10, I would rate this hotel with a 7.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay in January. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Marriott Research Triangle Park. We very much appreciate the feedback, as we pride ourselves in always trying to exceed our guest’s expectations. I am happy that overall you had good experience. If you have any additional feedback or suggestions from your extended stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I always welcome feedback and try to do whatever it is that will make our guests stay perfect.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope to see you if you travels bring you to the RTP area.

Have a wonderful weekend!

There are newer reviews for Marriott at Research Triangle Park

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Marriott properties meet all of our needs plus some. Jahmed M. at the front desk provided excellent services. The concierge lounge was great. The service and the food excellent.
The room was very nice, spacious and clean. We have absolutely no complaints. Marriott was outstanding as usual. We have 6 weeks at the Marriott resorts. If you have not experienced the resorts, you are missing out on a great time.

The staff in the restaurant was exceptional and the food delicious.

We are truly a Marriott family. James P.

Room Tip: Higher floors. We also stayed on 3rd floor which was very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Juanita,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott Hotels and Resorts as well. I was delighted to ready about the excellent service Jahmed provided. He is fantastic and we are fortunate to have him on our team. His attention to detail and passion for making sure each guest has a wonderful experience is what makes him so awesome. I will be sure to recognize him and share your comments with our entire team. I will also share with our Food and Beverage Director and Chef that you loved the food!

Thank you again for your loyalty and for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next stay with us at Marriott Research Triangle Park.

Kindly,

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed here for just one night while in Durham. The room was very clean and had all of th amenities a business person would need to work on the road. The service was excellent and the GM Maria is awesome! Front desk staff was also very friendly and willing to accommodate their guests needs. I will definitely stay here again when in Durham!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at Marriott Research Triangle Park. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest while you were in town. I am very happy that we not only met, but exceeded your expectations. That is what we strive to do with each guest. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I will share your comments with our team and give special recognition to our front desk and our wonderful housekeeping team.

I hope that we see you the next time your travels bring you to the RTP area.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I just wanted to say that the people really make the stay. I enjoyed my time at this Marriott but because of the staff and service- with special recognition to Maria Martinez my stay was fabulous! I stay at Marriotts quite often because of the friendly staff and attention to details when I need their help. The restaurant here also has some great food at reasonable prices for a hotel. The area is very convenient to all the places in RTP you may need to go. Thank You! ~amn

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Alison,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience that you had at the Marriott Research Triangle Park. People do create the experience and I know that having a wonderful, caring team to support our guests make this possible. Thank you so much for the accolades for all of us. I will be sure to recognize the team and our Newton's Restaurant team for the great food. We all genuinely want to wow each and every guest that we have the opportunity to serve. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am delighted we made your stay memorable.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott Brand. I hope to see you the next time you visit the RTP area.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have stayed here 12 of the last 13 weeks, at least 3 days each of those weeks. The Mariott staff makes this place Excellent. They are graceous, attentive and immediately responsive. The well organized shuttle service adds tremendous value. The building is older, similar to other major hotels in the immediate area. Yet with that, the gathering areas (including Lobby, Bar/Restaurant, Concierge Lounge and Fitness Center) nicely meet the needs of a frequent business traveler. This Marriott will always be my First Choice in the RTP area - and Mariott's "Rewards" Program provides added value! Highly Recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Scott,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience you have had. Thank you for your loyalty in returning week after work as you travel and making us your home away from home. We love having you with us each week and I am thrilled that our team is making sure your experience is great each time. If there is anything you need, our team will be sure that we do our best to find a way to accommodate.

Thank you so much for your feedback and I look forward to having you back during your next trip to the RTP area!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I've been in the RTP area now twice in the past couple months for business. Each stay was for 3 nights and both visits were comfortable.

Lobby is big and bright. Staff at the checkin were competent and both times had my room key already prepared as a Marriott Gold member. Elevators are a little on the old side and a tad slow but functional.

The rooms have been renovated and meet the standards of a full-service Marriott. Bed is comfortable with a great big work desk. Internet is wireless and provides a reasonable speed. The bathroom is a tad on the small side and comes from what looks like a building built in the 80s. But the water pressure is good so no issues there.

I need to be in the area again for business and will be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Jeff,

First, thank you so much for being an Elite Gold Member with Marriott. I appreciate your loyalty in choosing Marriott properties and thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the RTP area. Being a Gold member, you travel extensively, and I am delighted you liked our Elite Arrival experience. We know traveling can be exhausting; if we can make something along your travels a little easier, we are happy to do so. Our goal is to, not only meet our guests’ expectations but exceed them. Whatever things we can do to accomplish that, we will do our best to make it happen.

I will also keep your suggestions in your review on file. Feedback is a gift and only helps us progress so we know what our guests would like to see. Thank you again for taking the time to share.

I hope to see you back during your next visit to the RTP area.

Have a wonderful day!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stay at this particuliar Marriott whenever we are in the area because we can always rely on competent professional staff members, great services and a wonderful restaurant. Every time you walk though the doors you know this is not your typical hotel in the Raleigh/Durham area. A beautiful, large open lobby which leads directly to the restaurant, lounge and meeting rooms. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and well maintained. Outside the hotel is amazingly quiet considering it is not far from I-40. The hotel is located alongside the Research Triangle Park area and is only a few miles from the RDU airport. They also provide a shuttle service whenever you need a ride to the airport. The most enjoyable part of my stay at this Marriott is the staff. They are always greeting you with a genuine smile, dress and acts professionally and willing to assist you with all your needs. You just feel at ease and comfortable while here. It is truly a business traveler's delight.

Room Tip: I prefer the suites on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear NavAcaGrad,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Marriott Research Triangle Park and for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us. I too think our hotel is beautiful and offers so many wonderful amenities to our guests. I am so happy you enjoyed our restaurant Newton's as well. During your next menu we will have a new menu in the restaurant and also in room service. We did keep all our guest favorite dishes and have added some delicious dishes. I can't wait for our guests to try everything.

I am so happy that your experience. Exceeding our guest’s expectations is our goal. I will share your accolades with our whole team. The truly will go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a productive and fantastic experience.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I hope to see soon in the RTP area.

Have a wonderful Day!

I will share your accolades with the team as well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park
Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle
SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park
The Mayton Inn
The Mayton Inn
#6 of 22 in Cary

Been to Marriott at Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!