“No Issues With This Marriott....”

Marriott at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #20 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Dallas, Texas
“No Issues With This Marriott....”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I've been in the RTP area now twice in the past couple months for business. Each stay was for 3 nights and both visits were comfortable.

Lobby is big and bright. Staff at the checkin were competent and both times had my room key already prepared as a Marriott Gold member. Elevators are a little on the old side and a tad slow but functional.

The rooms have been renovated and meet the standards of a full-service Marriott. Bed is comfortable with a great big work desk. Internet is wireless and provides a reasonable speed. The bathroom is a tad on the small side and comes from what looks like a building built in the 80s. But the water pressure is good so no issues there.

I need to be in the area again for business and will be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Jeff,

First, thank you so much for being an Elite Gold Member with Marriott. I appreciate your loyalty in choosing Marriott properties and thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the RTP area. Being a Gold member, you travel extensively, and I am delighted you liked our Elite Arrival experience. We know traveling can be exhausting; if we can make something along your travels a little easier, we are happy to do so. Our goal is to, not only meet our guests’ expectations but exceed them. Whatever things we can do to accomplish that, we will do our best to make it happen.

I will also keep your suggestions in your review on file. Feedback is a gift and only helps us progress so we know what our guests would like to see. Thank you again for taking the time to share.

I hope to see you back during your next visit to the RTP area.

Best Wishes,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stay at this particuliar Marriott whenever we are in the area because we can always rely on competent professional staff members, great services and a wonderful restaurant. Every time you walk though the doors you know this is not your typical hotel in the Raleigh/Durham area. A beautiful, large open lobby which leads directly to the restaurant, lounge and meeting rooms. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and well maintained. Outside the hotel is amazingly quiet considering it is not far from I-40. The hotel is located alongside the Research Triangle Park area and is only a few miles from the RDU airport. They also provide a shuttle service whenever you need a ride to the airport. The most enjoyable part of my stay at this Marriott is the staff. They are always greeting you with a genuine smile, dress and acts professionally and willing to assist you with all your needs. You just feel at ease and comfortable while here. It is truly a business traveler's delight.

Room Tip: I prefer the suites on the higher floors.
Dear NavAcaGrad,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Marriott Research Triangle Park and for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us. I too think our hotel is beautiful and offers so many wonderful amenities to our guests. I am so happy you enjoyed our restaurant Newton's as well. During your next menu we will have a new menu in the restaurant and also in room service. We did keep all our guest favorite dishes and have added some delicious dishes. I can't wait for our guests to try everything.

I am so happy that your experience. Exceeding our guest’s expectations is our goal. I will share your accolades with our whole team. The truly will go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a productive and fantastic experience.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I hope to see soon in the RTP area.

Have a wonderful Day!

I will share your accolades with the team as well.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have been staying at the RTP Marriott a couple of nights each week for over two years and look forward to continuing to do so because of the staff and services that the hotel provides make me feel at home every time. Starting at check-in and continuing through the time I check-out the staff are courteous, professional and more than accomodating to all my needs. Every room I have stayed in has been clean, well maintained and fresh. The shuttle service from the airport to the hotel upon arrival, dailiy trips to and from local RTP businesses and willingness of the drivers to provide transportation to local restuaruants is a service that saves my company money and frees me from the hassels of car rental. The breakfast and evening services, food presented and staff at the Concierge Lounge are all remarkable and reliable. Newtons and the staff there make it an easy choice for me to want to dine in after a long day in the office. I have and will continue to recommend this Marriott to colleagues, friends and family visitng the RTP area.

Room Tip: Let the front desk know what your preferences (floor number, near the elevator, gym, etc.) and they...
Dear Dave,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to Marriott at Research Triangle Park. As a guest for over two years, we are so happy that you are able to call us your home away from home. I will be sure to thank each team member because from your review they have done an outstanding job through out the years in making sure you are comfortable and will be sure to assist in anything that you need. That is our goal and I know they will be excited to hear your review.

Thank you again for your continued patronage and we look forward to seeing you soon. We have a new menu in Newton's we are implementing this week. I am looking forward to all our guests’ feedback on the changes.

We will see you soon and thank you again for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience with our hotel and our service.

Warm Regards,
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed July 23, 2012

As a frequent business traveler to the Research Triangel Park, I have always stayed in this Marriott hotel. Good location, excellent service, very friendly and accomondating staff. A home away from home!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear JZRTP,

Thank you for always returning to Marriott at Research Triangle Park. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It is the highest compliment when a guest tells us we are their home away from home. I know our team always looks forward to your stay and it is like having a very extended family.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you as well. Thank you so much for sharing and will see you soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed for a night at the Marriott at Research Triangle Park in July. This hotel is really close to the airport and well placed for Raleigh and Durham. It is in a quiet location - just off a main road so you don't get loads of traffic noise. But the most important thing is the warmth and welcome that you get from the hotel reception staff. Staying in international hotels you often feel like just another guest, but in this hotel the staff treat you as an individual - they clearly enjoy their jobs. They helped me find a travel adaptor, offering me the help of the shuttle bus driver to take me down to the local store and picked me up an hour later. They took responsibility for looking after the guests. If you are used to doing a lot of business travel this approach is a refreshing change.
The rooms were large and comfortable. The pool is good - and the restaurant served a good breakfast. Although I have yet to understand what to do with grits!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and with our team members on Trip Advisor. I am so happy that you saw that we all love what we do. I know, for me, I love meeting people from all over that normally we would not get the opportunity to meet. I know our team shares this same view and they really do want to make each guests stay memorable. Traveling internationally, I am glad we were able to get you what you needed during your stay. Sometimes it is not as easy to find those things we need. I will be sure to read your comments at our next team rally.

I am newer to the south myself and I am trying to figure out those grits as well :) However, I find I love them with cheese and butter. When you return, let me know and I will have our Chef prepare some with dinner to try.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us! I hope to see you when you return to the RTP area.

Best Wishes,
Katy, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I attended a conference here in October 2011, I was so impressed that I returned for a long weekend and did some tourist things. This Hotel General Manager and her management team have really done an outstanding job with their staff during each of our 3 stays. Everyone that works there that I came in contact with understands excellent customer service and how to treat their guest. The GM also was there greeting everyone as they arrived for the conference and during breaks and dinner she was visible and engaged. They truly do create a 5 star atmosphere with all aspects of your stay. The hotel is decorated nicely, The exercise room is very clean; everything works, and seems somewhat private with where it is located. Very convenient location, I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: Free shuttle to and from the airport a nice bonus.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your loyalty and continuing to visit our Marriott RTP. Thank you for your wonderful accilades. I will share the view with our whole team. It is my pleasure to be able to serve our guests. It is amazing to meet people from all over. Our whole team takes great pride in knowing that we have made our guests stay memorable. Thank you so much for sharing your experieces during your stays with us.

I look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the RTP area!

Warm Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is a great Marriott close to the Airport inbetween Rageigh and Durham. I went to school in the area and have found this Marriott to be very convenient and have excellent service. The front desk was very polite and attentive and went out of their way to make sure I had a great stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for always returning to our Marriott when you visit the RTP area. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our team, especially our front desk. I will be sure to share your comments with them. Our goal is to be sure we that we not only meet bit exceed our guest expectation and I am happy that our team was able to do that.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to see you again soon during your next stay in RTP.