“Very good service!”

Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Media, Pennsylvania
“Very good service!”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed here 1/30-2/2/12 during a business trip. I stay primarily at Marriotts both for business and vacation travel. The service was excellent, from the front desk staff to the breakfast waitress. Everyone I encountered seemed to ask what more they could do.

I definitely plan to stay at this hotel again when in the RTP area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CindeeP
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Dear CindeeP,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience during your recent business trip. I am very proud of our team and know that they are very passionate about serving our guests. I am very happy you felt our "Do More," culture. It can be hard traveling and being away from home and it is our job to make every guest feel at home. Anything we can do to better your experience, we will do whatever we can to be sure you leave happy, we are more then happy to assist. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and your loyalty to the Marriott family, when you travel.

Again, thank you so much for posting your experience and I have shared your comments with our team as well.

We will see you the next trip to RTP!

All the Best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Booked top rate room, but couldn't get top rate service! No room service after 10 on a Saturday night so had to go down to simply get couple soft drinks - and then to be told bar was closed!! Got them eventually FOC but rightly so!!
They are a bit tight on the towels. First room on highway. Way too noisy so that's why ended up with top rate room. Front desk were very helpful.
The bar staff seemed to have a bit of trouble delivering a glass of tonic. (was sparkling water??) And a gin and tonic. They were surly and not happy! Had to get the tonic
Air con heating is very noisy and kept waking me up through the night but was very cold not to have it on
Cleaning not totally brilliant - certainly didn't clean the bedside table tops which had lots of drinks marks on. Toilet had a crack, and was a little tired generally In bathroom.
Basically feel The Hilton is a better hotel all round.

• Stayed January 2012
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us and I apologize for any frustrations we may have caused. We take these comments and concerns very seriously and I will be sure each of your concerns is addressed. Thank you so much for letting me know, so that I may address these issues quickly. I hope you do give us a second chance the next time you are in the RTP area. Please do not hesitate to give me a call, if you would like to discuss further.

Again, I sincerely apologize.

Kindly,
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Hello fellow travelers,

I'm a Platinum member at the Marriott and travel quite often. Among all the Marriott properties I've stayed at thus far, Marriott at RTP has quickly become one of my favorite locations. From the minute I checked in, service was top-notch and everyone made an effort to make me feel welcome during my stay. The room was very clean and comfortable - and the staff that worked at the hotel (everyone from the front desk, the restaurant, the shuttle bus drivers, those who serviced the rooms, etc) always had a smile and were happy to see me. I felt very much at home and look forward to my next visit there in March.

Enrico C.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear Enrico,

I am so delighted that your experience with us has been wonderful. Thank you for returning time and time again. We have a great team and I am so pleased that they all have made you feel so welcome. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and continuing to choose the Marriott RTP as your home away from home. We look forward to having you back in March!

Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Everything is always top notch at this Marriott. This is the only property I consider when my business takes me to the Research Triangle Park area. I stay in Marriotts all over the country and this one is tops with me

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Marriott RTP. Providing excellent service is something we strive for and I am so happy the service you encountered exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your experience with the team as well.

We all hope to see you soon on your next trip to the RTP Area!

Woodland, WA
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This is a typical business hotel. The rooms were a bit run down but everything worked and the toiletries were nice. The staff were efficient and friendly.

• Stayed January 2012
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy that overall your stay was good and that our team was friendly and efficient. You had commented that the room you had looked worn. I sincerely apologize if anything was not up to stand in your room. We want to be sure we take the best care of our hotel and the rooms. If there is something that stood out and needs attention, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be sure our engineering team addresses it quickly. Thank you for your feedback and I do hope we see you during your next stay at RTP.

Kindly,
South Carolina
Reviewed December 29, 2011

4 star experience at 2.5 star price. We stayed the nights of December 23 and 25, so rates were cheap. The service did not suffer despite much of the staff being on vacation for the holidays.

The restaurant was closed Christmas night, but we hadn't planned on eating there anyway. The room and common areas were spotless, the front desk staff was great and immaculately dressed.

Recommended without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for staying with us this holiday season and writing about your recent experience. I am so very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were impressed with the service. I will share your feedback and review with the entire team.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I hope to see you the next time you are in the RTP area.

Happy New Year!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Overall a great experience. One of the better Marriott's I've stayed in - clean, bright and very convenient to I-40. If it weren't for a very slow draining tub would have been excellent across the board. Would stay there again!

• Stayed December 2011
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I wanted to apologize regarding the bath tub drain and thank you for letting me know. I hope you were able to report it to our team so we could address it immediately. I know often trips are hectic and there isn't enough time. If you were unable, if you would please contact me so I can be sure it is addressed right away. I know some things may happen, but our commitment to our guests, is that as soon as we know we will respond quickly so it is taken care of. Again, I sincerely apologize. I am happy that other then the bathtub you were very happy with you stay.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to the RTP area.

Happy New Year!