“Excellent experience”

Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

This is the second time I visited the Marriott at RTP, and I wish I visited the RTP area more often as it is a superior Marriott. It is very clean and the staff is very attentive. The fitness area was clean and it was well stocked with towels, fruit and cereal bars. I will definitely retrun on my next visit to RTP.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear Karin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and the amenities and service we provided. We want our guests to have the best experience during their stay, so we appreciate your feedback.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we will see you again when you travel to the RTP area!

Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2011

i was very pleased with this Marriott at RTP. As a frequent traveler, I stay at a wide range of hotels and this property is in the top end of that range. I will certainly stay here the next time I am in the area.
Attention to detail is a key to service at any hotel, and this one "gets it." The service was excellent, the staff friendly and professional, the room was very nice, and the perq's for a frequent traveler were very nice. The room was very quiet dispite the location near an Interstate, and the bed was very comfortable. It was a very nice place to stay.
I was here with a conference, and found the meeting rooms to be very comfortable - especially the seating. The meeting rooms were noisy when the air kicked on, but other than that were great.
The management of this property should be complimented on a job well done!

Room Tip: The Concierge Level was very nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your comments regarding the team and their level of service and the comfort and quality of your room and the meeting space. I am very proud of our team and I know they genuinely care about each and every guest; from Guest Services, Concierge, Banquets, Servers, Housekeeping, you name it and they will be sure each guest is happy. I will share your comments with the entire team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you the next time you are in the RTP area.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Best Wishes,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 16, 2011

This Marriott has a low-end feel compared to other locations. Lobby is nice with free citrus-infused water, a lounge and a restaurant. They are going for an art deco thing, but it ends up looking cold. I dined alone in the restaurant one night, surrounded by others dining alone. What a sad bunch of solo business travelers we appeared to be. The area is expansive and well-lit, adding to the cold feel. Restaurant food was ok, typical hotel choices and quality, but there are no other choices within walking distance. The one big plus is that there is an in-room coffee maker, which the housekeeper restocked daily (a lot of Marriotts seem to miss this step). There is free bottled water in the room, too. Front desk staff was helpful, restaurant staff was attentive, albeit not the best servers. No in-room safe, but there is a small refrigerator. The lobby includes a well-stocked pantry store with candy, nuts, sodas, medicine, sundry items, headphones, undershirts, pantyhose. I was impressed with the selection overall. Not a bad place to stay, but could use some warmth in the decor and sound proofing for first floor rooms.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the first floor... they carry lobby noise, ice machine sounds, elevator beeps, and a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize that you felt the hotel's decor felt "cold and expansive." In Marriott terms we call it our "Great Room." It was designed for solo travelers to have an open space to work, eat and drink, yet feel open for other travelers to work alone as well. Along with small groups which may travel together, which we have small tables and seating options. It is a newer concept in Marriott's. That is great feedback about the lighting; we recently added candle light on our tables in the lounge and installed dimmer switches in the restaurant for all wall sconces and chandlers for a more evening feel.

I am happy your enjoyed the in-room coffee and free bottled water. We try to add small touches that our travelers would enjoy.

Thank you again for your comments and please don’t hesitate to call me directly with any further feedback on your stay.

Warm regards,
Palm Coast
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I found both Jessica and Armanzo both very courteous and knowledgeable in helping me select the best restaurants for entertaining my customers and the most efficient travel route to IBM.

Also, they both offered me the lowest senior rate for my 6 day stay. I am planning on moving to Durham next year and will definitely stay at the Marriott during my visit. Also, will recommend to all my business associates the Marriott at RTP.

Marriott needs to set up a Mac system for printing documents from individual computers. Both Jessica and Armanzo allowed me to send and e-mail to their e-mail for printing.

Regards,

Lane Baker
President
EMC

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear Mr. Baker,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us at Marriott RTP. I will be sure to recognize Jessica and Armanzo for the service they provided during your stay. They are both amazing and we are lucky to have them on our team. They are committed and passionate about what they do.

I will also note a request with our IT department about the Mac issue and see if we can find a resolution to that. I appreciate you letting me know.

Again, thank you so much for your awesome comments and for your business. I appreciate your referrals to our hotel and I promise we will take great care of each one.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed many hotels in RTP but none of them can match up with this one. First, the locaion is great so you can get on I-40 in one minute. Secondly, the rooms are quite, they give away free bottle water and the bed is awesome, first night that I can sleep well for my past 2 weeks trip. Their service is amazing, they actually answer to all you need rapidly and effectively, with a courtesy that we missed for long time. In addtion, when I woke up at 10:00 AM in the late morning and they are still serving breakfast...what else can I ask for????

Room Tip: Higher level and south side are quite.
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your recent stay. I am thrilled to read that you had a great experience and enjoyed several of those extra touches we try to provide, such as free bottled water in the guest room and extended breakfast hours. Many of our guests travel so much and just adding these few things can really make a difference; especially if they are lucky enough to have the change to sleep in a little.

I will share your comments with our team and I am so delighted you had an excellent stay!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit and we will see you again during your next trip.

Warm Regards,
Trabuco Canyon, California
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Had a nice stay this week in RTP at the Marriott. Came in very late but was greeted with a smile and a room that matched my preference perfectly. Warm breakfast in the morning started my day off just right. The staff will always greet you upon entering and exiting the hotel. I always recommend the Marriott RTP while in the Raleigh/Durham area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear Rich,

Thatnk you for taking the time to share your experience at the Marriott RTP. I greatly appreciate the feedback as well as recomending our hotel to others as well. Making sure we not only meet but exceed our guests expectations is very important to us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us each time you visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at this property with my church choir the weekend of Saturday, Oct. 29 and 30. It was a great experience. I loved my room. Upon checkin, my television would not turn on. I called and someone came up immediately to fix it. It was a loose cord or something. Nothing major. The front desk staff was very helpful, too. Thanks, Laronte, for making our stay enjoyable!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 13, 2011
Dear Gladys,

Thank you so much for your comments and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I apologize regarding the issue with the TV and I am glad the team was quick in their response to fix the problem. I am glad that the service you were provided was excellent. I will be sure to recognize our engineering team, front desk team and our Front Office Manager, LaRonte for their service.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you on your next choir trip.

Best Wishes,