“Best Experiences Ever”

Marriott at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #22 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My family and I stayed here for the weekend and had the greatest experience. When I first arrived, I was unsure of the room to reserve. The front desk manager guided me to view the rooms layouts so that I can view and decide on the room to reserve. A few hours after reserving the room, I was called by the front desk manager to notify me of an upgrade option that became available. I was surprised and ecstatic to know that the manager went over and beyond to accommodate my family in that way. The accommodations were superb. The rooms were very clean and modern. The pool and whirlpool was so relaxing. The breakfast buffet is so delicious. There are so many items to choose from. I was so pleased with out stay here and will definitely return with my family.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you it is one of your best experiences ever. I have shared your comments with our entire team and with our Front Office Manager. The team is truely commintted to making sure all our guests have an wonderful experience.

We hope to see you back soon in the RTP area.

Warm Regards

There are newer reviews for Marriott at Research Triangle Park

Reviewed August 12, 2011

As in most Marriotts I've stayed at, the staff were professional and pleasant to work with. This hotel has an indoor pool and fitness room. I used the fitness room quite a lot and found it rarely being used when I was there. The apples and protein bars were a nice touch. The restaurant was fine. The setup worked well for lone diners and groups alike. The service, as in other parts of the hotel was good, but the food was mixed in quality. A nice large shopping area called Southpoint is a convenient 10 minute drive away.

I highly recommend bringing a few sets of earplugs, as the building is adjacent to the highway and there is little soundproofing, if at all. And do put away the earplugs in case housekeeping thinks they look like chewed gum, as in my case. Also, I often didn't get a breakfast order form for the next morning, so I had to pick up breakfast elsewhere.

The hotels provides internet service in each room via ethernet cable (bring your own) for $10 per 24 hours.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your experience you had at our hotel and share some feedback as well.We have discussed in our team meeting as well with department leaders to remedy any issues with the menus being delivered and ear plugs. I appreciate all feedback and it only helps us to improve so thank you.

If there is any other feedabck, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at anytime.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope we see you soon if you are back in the RTP area.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Booked this room through discount site (for the first time and not knowing what I was going to get.) After paying, I was pleased to see that I ended up with a Marriott. They can be hit or miss, but this hotel was great. You could tell that it had been recently updated. The associate at the front desk was with-it and friendly. The shop was loaded with snacks and any other necessity you'd need while traveling. After riding up a few floors and leaving the lobby (which was new) I was surprised to find somewhat dated halls, although the rooms totally made up for that. Very bright, incredibly clean, and high quality. Felt comfortable walking on carpet. Bed couldn't have been comfier. Newer furniture. Huge flat screen TV with HD channels. Clean and renovated bathroom. Breakfast was OK
at the restaurant. Nothing too special. Loved the free newspapers in the lobby. Grounds were well kept and parking was convenient. Will be back if the chance ever arises!

• Stayed: August 2011
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at our hotel. I am so happy that you had a great experience. We strive to make sure each of our guests has a great experience just as you did with clean rooms, HD TV's, making sure our guests always have options in our market. I also agree that our beds are so comfortable; I want one :)

Thank you for your feedback regarding our hallways. It is through our guests we find where our opportunities to improve are and I greatly appreciate the feedback. We will brainstorm and see how we can improve this for our guests.

Again, thank you for your business and for providing feedback on your experience. I hope to see you if you return to the Durham area.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

We're just getting started on our stay here...hotel looks very nice and staff are VERY polite and helpful!! Room is clean and looks nice...Looking forward to our stay

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for the hotel. I am so happy that your first impressions were so great! That is very important to us, that each of our guests feel welcome as soon as they walk through our doors. I know the review was at the beginning of your stay and I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your stay and you had a great time while you were in the Durham area.

Thank you again for your comments and staying with us here at the Marriott Research Triangle Park. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Had a blast here. We stayed only one night and i still had a fun time. The service was excellent and the food was very delicious

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
mmartinez2, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback. I am delighted that you loved your stay. Our goal is to be sure that we not only meet, but exceed each of our guests expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team, especially our Food and Beverage team. I agree, their food is delicious!

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you during your next visit to RTP!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 31, 2011

Absolutely a 5 star rating. Meticulously clean, most comfortable bed, best customer service, gracious staff, wonderful food, beautiful landscape.

Room Tip: it's like being at a resort !
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This hotel is exactly how a full service Marriott should look and feel. It is not the biggest Marriott you will ever visit but has the right attributes of quality service, clean facilites, well maintained gym and a great close in location to RTP, NC. I stay here whenever I travel to RTP, even if it's not the closest hotel to where I need to be, simply because the qualty and consistency are high grade and worth the effort!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park
Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle
The Mayton Inn
The Mayton Inn
#6 of 22 in Cary
SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park

Been to Marriott at Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!