DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Durham, North Carolina
“The Buffet is amazing.”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The buffet served at lunch time should not be missed. From two different types of meats to a great salad bar, this place has wonderful food for the price. I'd also like to mention that Johnny Silver is a very charismatic and entertaining server who will promptly great you with a smile and make you laugh.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Boston, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Only one minor issue - day 1 - the in-room coffee maker only had a single creamer - had to buy a coffee in the lobby. Day 2 - no creamers - had to go to front desk to get coffee creamers day 2 morning

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Brendan,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review via TripAdvisor. I apologize for our housekeeping department not properly supplying the creamers. I will let them know of your incident. Thanks for the confidence you showed and we look forward to your next visit.
Stillwater, Minnesota
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for multiple visits and like the facility, food, and front desk team - they are all terrific. One of their managers was less than stellar when it came to our room issue on a singular trip.

The food service manager is terrific, and it shows in the restaurant and the room service. This is better than most hotels - I speak from 30+ years of traveling experience (including over 25 stays last year alone). The front desk team, especially Lana, is first-rate and are walking advertisements for the hotel.

If it were not for the manager (I believe it was Diane?) I would still be staying there every two weeks instead of their competitor.

Room Tip: The upgrade to the one bedroom suite is a fantastic suite at a pretty reasonable price (usually).
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel via TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to hear one of our managers mishandled a room issue on a singular trip. I would like an opportunity to talk with you to identify that manager. I don’t have a Diane on staff here but I would like to make it right. My direct line is 919 941 4800. Look forward to speaking with you
Garnet Valley, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great southern charm - food, amenities and staff help. Location is convenient for RTP business, airport access AND great shopping (Nordstrom, Macy's, Walgreens) and restaurants - all in one place. Hotel staff is always willing to help - front desk, managers, restaurant AND super friendly and engaging. I'll definitely go back to this property for my meetings in RTP, NC.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Ehrika,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel via TripAdvisor. I am sure that your detailed feedback will be very helpful to other business travelers. Thanks for all the kind words on the hotel and staff. I will be sharing your comments with them. I look forward to your next meeting with us and if there is ever anything I can do please give me a call at 919 941 4800.
Sincerely
Little Rock, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014

There were basic amenities that much lower priced hotels offered complimentary that were overly priced at this hotel. Not a good value, though it was a very well kept hotel, the bed was comfortable and the lobby was very beautiful.

Dear Christa,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel via TripAdvisor. I am concerned about your comments about basic amenities that much lower priced hotels offer complimentary. I would like to discuss if you like. My direct line is 919 941 4800. Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you.
Sincerely
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here this evening, March 22, 2014. Similar to the other guest's review, we returned to the hotel after dinner about 10 pm to find a number of security officers present for a biker party. We went to our rooms and attempted to go to sleep, yet these people were gathered outside below our 2nd floor room window drinking and partying. They were also carrying on the same noise in the hallways. After 3 calls to request something be done about the noise, I finally requested at 1 am to speak to the manager and was informed by the front desk clerk that he was "not around." One can only imagine he or she booked this multi-night biker party and then went somewhere where he or she might actually be able to get some sleep. I asked to speak to security and told them I was going to contact law enforcement, only to be called back by security and be told he was with Durham Police Department, and that they were present in the hotel. It is clear based on the previous guest review I read that management of the Doubletree clearly values the rights of biker party guests to disturb all other hotel guests until all hours with absolutely no regard. I'm sure since I booked this through Expedia, I will be given the usual runaround and never receive any kind of credit for this God-awful experience, but I will certainly fight paying for a night of sleep I am not getting. Be warned everyone - this is a nice, clean and attractive property, but you'd better inquire about what kind and size of party they are hosting the night of your stay, because apparently they have no idea how to keep it under control, even with the assistance of law enforcement. Will NEVER stay here again, nor recommend.

• Stayed March 2014
Arlene,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel via TripAdvisor. You and I have spoke with each other and I certainly do apologize for the unacceptable level of service that you received. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. As per our discussion, with a third party, Expedia, it does take a little longer to receive a credit. We processed the credit the next morning. If you have any problems please call me at 919 941 4800. Again I thank you for your correspondence and know that your review will help assist in correcting issues in the future.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed there Friday and Saturday nights. I was there for a Fraternal Order of Police Board Meeting. There was also a motorcycle club or clubs there. I mean like a couple hundred people. They were up all night till 4 or 5 in the morning reeving their bikes, shouting and laughing loudly. Needless to say no one got much sleep. Phone calls to the front desk were useless. It was the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

Jeff,
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.