“Feel Right @ Home on Business Travel!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Garnet Valley, United States
“Feel Right @ Home on Business Travel!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great southern charm - food, amenities and staff help. Location is convenient for RTP business, airport access AND great shopping (Nordstrom, Macy's, Walgreens) and restaurants - all in one place. Hotel staff is always willing to help - front desk, managers, restaurant AND super friendly and engaging. I'll definitely go back to this property for my meetings in RTP, NC.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Ehrika,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel via TripAdvisor. I am sure that your detailed feedback will be very helpful to other business travelers. Thanks for all the kind words on the hotel and staff. I will be sharing your comments with them. I look forward to your next meeting with us and if there is ever anything I can do please give me a call at 919 941 4800.
Sincerely
Henry Naber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Little Rock, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014

There were basic amenities that much lower priced hotels offered complimentary that were overly priced at this hotel. Not a good value, though it was a very well kept hotel, the bed was comfortable and the lobby was very beautiful.

Dear Christa,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel via TripAdvisor. I am concerned about your comments about basic amenities that much lower priced hotels offer complimentary. I would like to discuss if you like. My direct line is 919 941 4800. Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you.
Sincerely
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here this evening, March 22, 2014. Similar to the other guest's review, we returned to the hotel after dinner about 10 pm to find a number of security officers present for a biker party. We went to our rooms and attempted to go to sleep, yet these people were gathered outside below our 2nd floor room window drinking and partying. They were also carrying on the same noise in the hallways. After 3 calls to request something be done about the noise, I finally requested at 1 am to speak to the manager and was informed by the front desk clerk that he was "not around." One can only imagine he or she booked this multi-night biker party and then went somewhere where he or she might actually be able to get some sleep. I asked to speak to security and told them I was going to contact law enforcement, only to be called back by security and be told he was with Durham Police Department, and that they were present in the hotel. It is clear based on the previous guest review I read that management of the Doubletree clearly values the rights of biker party guests to disturb all other hotel guests until all hours with absolutely no regard. I'm sure since I booked this through Expedia, I will be given the usual runaround and never receive any kind of credit for this God-awful experience, but I will certainly fight paying for a night of sleep I am not getting. Be warned everyone - this is a nice, clean and attractive property, but you'd better inquire about what kind and size of party they are hosting the night of your stay, because apparently they have no idea how to keep it under control, even with the assistance of law enforcement. Will NEVER stay here again, nor recommend.

• Stayed March 2014
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Arlene,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel via TripAdvisor. You and I have spoke with each other and I certainly do apologize for the unacceptable level of service that you received. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. As per our discussion, with a third party, Expedia, it does take a little longer to receive a credit. We processed the credit the next morning. If you have any problems please call me at 919 941 4800. Again I thank you for your correspondence and know that your review will help assist in correcting issues in the future.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed there Friday and Saturday nights. I was there for a Fraternal Order of Police Board Meeting. There was also a motorcycle club or clubs there. I mean like a couple hundred people. They were up all night till 4 or 5 in the morning reeving their bikes, shouting and laughing loudly. Needless to say no one got much sleep. Phone calls to the front desk were useless. It was the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

Jeff,
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.
Henry Naber
Yadkin Valley (North Carolina)
Reviewed March 20, 2014

First time stay, two nights for a professional organization conference. Check-in was super fast by a great front desk staff, with a fresh warm cookie and lots of smiles. I had a fourth floor balcony room on the back side of the property. Room was immaculate. HVAC was one of the quietest I've experienced for an outside wall unit and digital thermostat in the room. Mattress was very comfortable, which is critical to my enjoyment of a hotel stay. Credenza had a safe and a mini-refrigerator, though no microwave. Coffee maker could brew single cup or two cups at one time, using pods. Real glasses in bath, paper coffee cups. Strong wi-fi signal in room and throughout property, including patio and conference room. I needed to print two short documents, was able to 'e-mail' to the printer in the business center and retrieve printouts with reply e-mail code, this was a lifesaver since I'd forgotten to print out the documents from home. The breakfast buffet was very complete, including cooked to order eggs/omlets and waffles. Kitchen staff kept hot items well supplied. Our rate included breakfast buffet, which would have otherwise been pricey ($15.99), typical for a full service hotel. I did not have any other meals or beverages during my stay. Only less than ideal incident was Saturday night function by a motorcycle group, with revving engines at midnight both Friday and Saturday night, and one rude visitor who shook the windows with full base on audio system in back parking lot at 12:30a.m. Free self-service parking. Housekeeping accommodated my request for no room service on Saturday. Easy checkout Sunday morning by phone, didn't even have to go back to the registration desk, just left electronic key in room upon my departure. The pool was not open for the season, but the covered patio was a nice location to sit and visit with others in my group who were attending the conference. I would consider staying at this property on a future visit to the Durham area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property, and we are extremely happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We are excited to see that you were able to enjoy and experience a lot of what our property has to offer. Thanks for all of your comments; they will be used in correcting issues in the future. We hope that we will always be your home away from home when you are visiting the area whether on business or pleasure. We look forward to seeing you again.

Henry Naber, General Manager
Henry.Naber@hilton.com
919-941-4800
Durham, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I really enjoyed the cookies!!!! As soon as I walked into the door I was offered a warm cookie. I felt like I was at home. The employees at the desk were so nice and efficient. The room was clean and modern. Breakfast buffet was fanastic. Lots to choose from and high quality. It was served hot. Service was a 10. I really hated to leave. The next time I am in the area I will definetely be staying at this hotel!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property on TripAdvisor. Our cookies are the best around and our team strives to make sure every guest feels like they are home when they are here. We look forward to your next visit in the area and we will be waiting with a warm cookie and wonderful service.
Timberlake, NC, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

All of the staff I encountered were excellent form the Desk Clerks to Housekeeping to the Restaurant Staff. They couldn;'t have been any nicer. The only complaint I have is thetre was a large mototcycle group there the same time as our group that was very loud and discourteous.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our hotel via TripAdvisor. Thanks for all the compliments on the staff. I will share them with the staff. Thanks for all your comments; they will be used in correcting issues in the future. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit with us