DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Durham
Baltimore City, United States
“My Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

My stay at this location was awesome, the room size was great, the staff was very polite, the food from the restaurant was delicious. my only problem was that the room did not have a mini fridge or microwave.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Omar J.
Thanks so much for staying with us and taking the time to review us via TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as the staff. Since your stay we have put mini fridges in all of our rooms. Thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Henry Naber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Spring Lake, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I came there during Valentine's Day weekend with plans to propose to my girlfriend at the time. Everything went as planned and the staff went out of their way to make that weekend special for us. I work in the hospitality industry, so not only could I appreciate what they were doing from a customer's point of view... I understood the above and beyond actions that they took and how much they went out of their way when they didn't have to. I only wish I had taken a list with me to personally name and thank certain staff members. The piano player heard of our engagement and played an amazing song for the two of us. I learned that he has just recently started there...I only hope that he is still there when we return. There was a bartender who normally does not work the bar area... she was very nice and went out of her way to congratulate my fiance and I with a toast. All of the front desk staff were amazing. The front desk manager remembered who I was solely based on the news of the engagement from the night before. A hotel that size, with that many people just goes to show you the communication levels among the staff are extremely well practiced. I only hope to return the same value and customer service if any of these staff decide to stay with us in the future. My fiance and I would like to thank all of you from the bottom of our hearts... you made our engagement weekend priceless.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Wow!!!! Congratulations on your engagement!!! We are honored that you choose to celebrate that major event in your life with us. Yes. I agree the piano player is a keeper. Thanks for all your kind words on the staff and hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review via TripAdvisor. We look forward to many celebrations with you and your partner. By the way do you know that we do beautiful weddings in our ballroom? Look forward to seeing you soon.
Goldsboro, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We loved this hotel from the minute we arrived. The grounds are lovely and have a very quaint atmosphere. The lobby features a warm fire adding to the coziness of the hotel. Check in was simple and quick and the staff was extremely friendly. The room was clean and comfortable and perfect for a couple of any age for a weekend stay. Breakfast is always a treat at the Double Tree with an bountiful buffet and also a la carte menu offering a variety of options. The staff is always welcoming and ready to assist in any way possible including providing warm chocolate chip cookies upon request.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

YORK, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel a week for a business meeting Some of the staff were very friendly and helpful whilst others appeared quite surley & annoyed to help The hotel Manager was great and very supportive & the food & beverage manager was outstanding with his customer service I just felt the rooms were tired the food choice poor & limited at lunch and supper. Breakfast was great. The rooms are looking tired and dark and in need of some freshening up & modernising .. The windows were made from old metal frames wth condensation and the rooms smelt musty.. empty spaces in cupboards with electrical leads where I think a Fridge should have been so no mini bar facility not even for water or milk. I was dissappointed by the standard of this hotel.. limited body washing gel & no towelling robe... not what I would have exepcted form a hotel of this calibre.. Such a shame as it looks lovely on the deck and in the main lounge with the fire glowing when you walk in...but that is where it stops

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Thomasville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was most impressed by the hotel and the cleaniliness of my room. The staff was very helpful and went above and beyond to ensure my stay was comfortable. During my stay, we had a snow storm and I was most impressed that the "Van" driver was willing and clenaed the snow off of my vehicle. Needless to say - This Double Tree is an excellent place to stay, whether business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

The only downside was having to pay 9.95 for Wifi in my room. Otherwise I had a great nights sleep. The gym is an acceptable size (i.e. not a 10x10 room with a universal and 2 cardio machines).

A good hotel for the business traveler I don't know that I'd rush there with kids for a vacation although I did love the free warm cookie when I checked in. Check in was fast, efficient and friendly. I would definitely return on my next business trip to RTP.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review that you submitted via TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments about being a business traveler with regards to the fitness center and Wifi. We do offer free Wifi with many of our negotiate business accounts. Please give our sales department a call and they will be more than happy to help with that. Thanks again for your confidence in us and look forward seeing you for your next business trip to RTP.
New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

The hotel is a very attractive property. It has a "plantation look" when you pull up with the pillars and rocking chairs. Inside is just as cozy with a fireplace and sitting area. Check in is extremely efficient and the cookie was warm and delicious. The room is well appointed but I was suprised to learn that wifi is $9.95 per day. The shuttle is available for local travel though those traveling to the airport take priority - makes sense. The shuttle driver and the staff at the hotel were very nice and accommodating. I would have given this hotel a higher rating if not for the wifi.