DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Hartford, United States
“Heaven In Durham”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My stay here was outstanding. Every staff member her was fantastic. The shuttle is definitely a plus.Great piano player, I could go on. Awesome time. Hats off to the Chef's for providing delicious meals and the waitstaff for exellent service.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
howell, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Staff was very accomodating to our entire group. Highly reccomend this hotel! Shuttle service was great. They were way more than just airport service. They will even pick you up and drop you off at area restaurants

Baltimore City, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My stay at this location was awesome, the room size was great, the staff was very polite, the food from the restaurant was delicious. my only problem was that the room did not have a mini fridge or microwave.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Omar J.
Thanks so much for staying with us and taking the time to review us via TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as the staff. Since your stay we have put mini fridges in all of our rooms. Thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Henry Naber
Spring Lake, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I came there during Valentine's Day weekend with plans to propose to my girlfriend at the time. Everything went as planned and the staff went out of their way to make that weekend special for us. I work in the hospitality industry, so not only could I appreciate what they were doing from a customer's point of view... I understood the above and beyond actions that they took and how much they went out of their way when they didn't have to. I only wish I had taken a list with me to personally name and thank certain staff members. The piano player heard of our engagement and played an amazing song for the two of us. I learned that he has just recently started there...I only hope that he is still there when we return. There was a bartender who normally does not work the bar area... she was very nice and went out of her way to congratulate my fiance and I with a toast. All of the front desk staff were amazing. The front desk manager remembered who I was solely based on the news of the engagement from the night before. A hotel that size, with that many people just goes to show you the communication levels among the staff are extremely well practiced. I only hope to return the same value and customer service if any of these staff decide to stay with us in the future. My fiance and I would like to thank all of you from the bottom of our hearts... you made our engagement weekend priceless.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Wow!!!! Congratulations on your engagement!!! We are honored that you choose to celebrate that major event in your life with us. Yes. I agree the piano player is a keeper. Thanks for all your kind words on the staff and hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review via TripAdvisor. We look forward to many celebrations with you and your partner. By the way do you know that we do beautiful weddings in our ballroom? Look forward to seeing you soon.
Henry Naber
Goldsboro, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We loved this hotel from the minute we arrived. The grounds are lovely and have a very quaint atmosphere. The lobby features a warm fire adding to the coziness of the hotel. Check in was simple and quick and the staff was extremely friendly. The room was clean and comfortable and perfect for a couple of any age for a weekend stay. Breakfast is always a treat at the Double Tree with an bountiful buffet and also a la carte menu offering a variety of options. The staff is always welcoming and ready to assist in any way possible including providing warm chocolate chip cookies upon request.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

YORK, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel a week for a business meeting Some of the staff were very friendly and helpful whilst others appeared quite surley & annoyed to help The hotel Manager was great and very supportive & the food & beverage manager was outstanding with his customer service I just felt the rooms were tired the food choice poor & limited at lunch and supper. Breakfast was great. The rooms are looking tired and dark and in need of some freshening up & modernising .. The windows were made from old metal frames wth condensation and the rooms smelt musty.. empty spaces in cupboards with electrical leads where I think a Fridge should have been so no mini bar facility not even for water or milk. I was dissappointed by the standard of this hotel.. limited body washing gel & no towelling robe... not what I would have exepcted form a hotel of this calibre.. Such a shame as it looks lovely on the deck and in the main lounge with the fire glowing when you walk in...but that is where it stops

Thomasville, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was most impressed by the hotel and the cleaniliness of my room. The staff was very helpful and went above and beyond to ensure my stay was comfortable. During my stay, we had a snow storm and I was most impressed that the "Van" driver was willing and clenaed the snow off of my vehicle. Needless to say - This Double Tree is an excellent place to stay, whether business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Travelers also viewed these Durham hotels
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park
Hilton Garden Inn Durham/University Medical Center
Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh Durham / Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park

Property: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Address: 4810 Page Creek Lane, Durham, NC 27703-8582 (Formerly Hilton Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
#4 Family Hotel in Durham
#8 Business Hotel in Durham
#10 Romantic Hotel in Durham
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park 3.5*
Relax into a comfortable stay at our entirely renovated and updated(as of March 2013) DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park. The hotel is ideally located adjacent to the world-renowned Research Triangle Park, home to a multitude of companies including IBM, GlaxoSmithKline, BASF, General Electric and many more. Take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service to Raleigh-Durham International Airport and locations within a 5-mile radius of the hotel.Nestled on a quiet hilltop, among the wooded North Carolina landscape, the hotel boasts a resort-style atmosphere and is known locally as ‘The Mansion on the Hill’. Admire charming southern-style features such as the grand veranda, complete with wicker rocking chairs and porch swings. Our friendly staff look forward to greeting you with a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie on arrival. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hilton Hotel Durham