DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Berkeley, California
“Better hotels nearby”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

AWFUL ! Walls so thin you can hear everything from next door. Room with filthy carpet with little attempt to vacuum. Bartender throwing cutting boards and charging $17 for a mixed drink.
Can not recommend this hotel to anyone with so many competitors nearby.

Room Tip: NOT a good value. Too many competitors providing better cleanliness and value. Poor management
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thanks you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry for all of the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for the issues and we hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
Henry Naber, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Hertford, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The room was small and overpriced. However, I realize that the Research Triangle is a high value areaa and understand that the price, room, etc. reflect the market. Like everywhere else, if they charge all the market allows.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Tom L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, March 8, 2016
Hello HBM,

Thank You for taking the time to write about our property! We hope to see you the next time you are in the area!

Have a great day!
Tom Lubbe
Mt. Vernon, IL
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Was in town for a quick weekend trip with some family members. We wanted a place close to the airport and not too far from the UNC and Duke campus. Arrived at the hotel shortly after 1 and was able to check into our rooms the front desk staff was very friendly and quick at getting us checked in. Nice size rooms with very comfy beds. Nice bar area for visiting. The swimming pool and porch area looked very nice but we didn't have time to enjoy it. I had to leave for the airport at 5:00 on Sunday morning and the shuttle started at 4:30 so no problem. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed November 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review of the hotel via TripAdvisor. The entire staff looks forward to your next stay with us.
Thanks
charlotte, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

great visit - cant really complain about anything - pillows and bed really comfy and the restaurant is a nice spot to sit and relax with some good food and a good glass of wine after traveling all day and having a stressful journey

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on the hotel via TripAdvisor. I agree with you on having some good food, a good glass of wine and having a relaxing restaurant makes a traveling day less stressful and enjoyable. We look forward to your next great visit with us.
Republic, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Very dirty room from the dust on the furniture to the stains in the shower to the unkept floors. Yuck! The food in the restaurant was not good. I could have gotten a better meal at a chain down the street for a fraction of the price. The staff was not up to speed. I asked for coffee to be replenished in my room 3 times over the course of 2 days and the only thing I finally received was two cups with creamer inside left outside the door of my room. The potential of the hotel is great. Just need to clean and service the rooms and work on updating the menu of the restaurant. I was traveling with a large group for work and several of my collegues had similiar experiences.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We're sorry you encounted housekeeping problems. Dirty room are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Please give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.

Thanks
Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2013

One negative: the hallways were not vacuumed well and the room service dishes were still in the hallway when I returned after 5pm so I can't give it a 5 star.

Mostly positive: the male host at breakfast was awesome...sorry I don't know his name. I had 2 early morning conference calls and he got me a tray, water, coffee etc while I got a plate from the buffet to take to my room. On the last day I was there he commented that it was nice that I got to sit down for breakfast.

REALLY nice Mark from maintenance! I got to my room and my door lock 'ate' my key card. He fixed it right away and made sure that I got 2 new copies of my key. He walked me back up to the room to make sure they worked. He didn't have to do that. I think they replaced my lock the next day too....it felt different when I used my key card.

The ladies at the front desk were awesome and extremely friendly and helpful. The shuttle drivers were Great and funny.

The seating area outside the bar is very comfortable and relaxing after a long day at work. I hope they put out the tall heaters for the winter so people can still enjoy that area. They need more people working the bar when it's busy.

Room Tip: Good internet and desk.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on the hotel via TripAdvisor. Thanks for all your positive comments on the staff. I think the male host at breakfast was Lou, food and beverage director. We are concerned about putting the tall heaters outside because of the sprinkler system in the ceiling of the canopy. Most likely we will buy some shorter style heaters for that area. I have gotten together with my executive housekeeper about the hallways. We want to earn your 5 star rating on your next visit.
Lansdale, PA
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Prior experience with DoubleTree has been much better than average but this hotel was only average. The hallways were not well maintained, with trash on the floors the whole week. One day my room wasn't made up until I called housekeeping at 5 p.m. and the cleaning was not well done any day I was there. Also, I was surprised not to find any towel bars, only hooks, in the bathroom. This isn't a good way to hang towels to dry when you wish to re-use them. Other than that, the room was satisfactory although nothing special. The restaurant was good as were the lobby ameneties.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for writing a review and letting us know that we were not above average on your recent stay. I have noted your concerns and I am going to get together with the housekeeping department and make sure your concerns are taken care of. Thanks again for letting us know.