DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Fairfax Station, United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My sister in law booked her family at this hotel for a family event. So we did too. We had no idea how nice the hotel would be! The atmosphere when you walk in the entrance was really nice. We asked for extra pillows and towels and they were delivered within 5 minutes. The kids had a blast playing in the pool. We will definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I have to say thank you to your sister in law for booking the family at our hotel. It is great to see families getting together at the hotel for events and reunions and enjoying the facility. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel via TripAdvisor. I look forward to seeing the whole gang again at our hotel.
Henry Naber, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed October 3, 2013

On my business trip I always stay at DoubleTree Hilton.,. I love its lobby and interior décor. Rooms are always clean and to the mark. Its always good to get the room courtside.. Their shuttle service is good and so is the entire staff. Some of them are really good and I feel home away from home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Wow, thanks for the kind words on the hotel and staff, I feel the same way. Thanks also for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I appreciate you making our place your home away home. We look forward for your return back home.

Lucknow, India
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week for three days. Great Hotel!!! Great experince!! It is just minunites from the Airport and there is a very good hotel shuttle service....Sweet Ride... The hotel was clean, comfortable and the staff accommodating. The beds were incredibly comfortable and I could sleep nicely. The bathroom was clean and spotless. The front desk staff was very friendly. Breakfast good. Outdoor poolside excellent and reclining chairs in the front very comfortable.
The only point I feel to make is that there was no refrigerator in the room and wish there was a microwave. Also, the speed of internet is very slow in the room.
Overall, I would rate my stay very good rather excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank sangeetasrivastava
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am excited to see that you enjoyed the entire facility and the staff was friendly and accommodating. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team. We are investigating the best options to add refrigerators to all of our guest rooms. I look forward to your next visit.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel was so nice looking, comfortable, clean and the rooms were spectacular. However, you could hear every little noise in the hallways. You can hear the doors close, people talking all times of the day and night. It's isn't very sound proof by no means. But it is a beautiful facility.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your kind remarks on how spectacular the hotel is, we think so too!! Our Engineers are constantly looking for ways to better the sound proofing in both the doors and the walls without having to execute further renovations. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are at the hotel.
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Formerly a Holiday Inn as we were told, but boy has it changed. Brick painted white on the front. Excellent and helpful staff. Rocking chairs on the front porch, nice pool in the quad, breakfasts were wonderful. Did not eat a dinner meal in the hotel, so we cannot really comment there.
Open and wonderful!!! If in the area for business or pleasure it is well worth the effort and time to visit and stay if possible. My compliments to all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. The bones of the property made our renovation even more special. The staff enjoys interacting with our guest and they are the happiest when they are helping the guest relax either on the porch or dining in the restaurant. I look forward to you returning to the hotel soon. We will pass your compliments on to the team.

Sunnyvale, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Overall I would rate this hotel as "Very Good" as the staff was excellent. I do have two minor complaints: (1) overall network speed is very slow, it average less than 1Mb/s download; (2) the TV kept "freezing" where the audio would cut out and the picture would freeze. Not sure if the two are related as I don't know if the TV was IP TV.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I appreciate your comments on the staff. I am working with our vendors to get better reception on the TV. The speed of the internet can be increased so please contact me or the manager on duty. My direct line is 919-941-4800. I look forward to meeting with you the next time you are in town.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Nice cozy hotel. Rooms are contemporary furnished and spacious. Great location with easy highway access. Staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating my entire stay. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. Wow, thanks for all the kind words!!! I will be sharing your comments with our staff and I look forward to your return visit.