“Great stay perfect location to Duke Medical Center .” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Durham

Holiday Inn Express Durham
Ranked #28 of 70 Hotels in Durham
Kissimmee, Florida
“Great stay perfect location to Duke Medical Center .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Thanks for the great stay in your hotel, clean, comfortable, quiet affordable and great location thanks .. Right off interstate. Easy to get around from your location . Great complimentary breakfast .. Very updated and clean hotel .

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear mitch907,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express. I'm glad that you had such a comfortable, quiet stay. We are indeed right off I-85 nearby many local restaurants, shopping, and other attractions. Thanks again and we hope to see you again during your next visit to Durham!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My office put me here for a weekend stay this past weekend, and I was quite impressed. The hotel is right beside the interstate, which had me a little worried at first. I shouldn't have been. Every staff member I encountered was polite, friendly, and helpful. My room was very clean, and the bed was- seriously- one of the best hotel beds I've ever slept in. I was amazingly comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic. I have to come back to Durham next weekend, and I requested that my office put me back in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear LibbyO,

Thanks for your review of our hotel. Many of our guests love our beds so I'm really happy to hear that it's one of the best you've experienced and that you found our staff so helpful and friendly. We'll see you again soon!

Knoxville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

First, the hotel is clean, well organized, and well maintained. Second, like an idiot, I left my iPad and Kindle on the bedside table. While at a meeting, I discovered this painfully stupid mistake. So, I called and was greeted warmly by the front desk who very efficiently and with care and urgency retrieved these items and held them for me at the desk. They were very polite and professional. I will return to this hotel anytime I am in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Eld865,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on the helpfulness of our staff and I am glad to hear that your iPad and Kindle were promptly returned. We look forward to your next stay at the Holiday Inn Express Durham hotel!

Woodbury, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Comfy beds, clean bathroom, great water pressure in shower. A really good breakfast compared to some places we've stayed. Cinnabon-type buns were good, and there was a nifty pancake making machine that we'd not seen before. New large flat-screen TV was certainly a plus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia O
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel had a great location. The night manager was very nice. The hotel building is old. The rooms are not sound proof--you can hear all the kids above you, below you and around you all night long. The bathrooms were from the 1950's or 1960's. The toilet was so low to the ground you can't stand up once you get down. The plastic lid was so thin you felt like you were falling in. The TV had local channels and the few national channels you wouldn't watch. Overall, the quality of the building isn't up to the Holiday Inn Express standard and the price isn't worth it. The breakfast was good and the parking lot is huge. I won't stay again at this price.

Room Tip: If there is a Best Western or Quality Inn close by give it a try--it couldn't be any worse.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GeoWashington1787
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear GeoWashington1787,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Durham and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. I am delighted you found the night manager to be nice and breakfast to be good. We always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. I'm also sorry you were not satisfied with the bathroom and regret this has impacted your experience during your stay.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here twice in the same month. The first stay was on a trip Northbound and the second stay was on our return toward home. Everything was very nice on both stays. We decided to stay here because the quality of the hotel we stayed at on previous trips had gone downhill.

Nice things we experienced were active maintenance to keep the hotel quality up, a manager walking around at breakfaxt to make sure things were being done correctly and a friendly and helpful front desk staff..

Our room with a king-size bed was slightly smaller than we would have liked, but adequate for the two of us for our overnight stay. Breakfast was the typical Holiday Inn Expresss buffet which fully met our needs. The hotel is very close to I-85 and we heard some highway noise on our first stay, but our room was quiet on our second stay. The price was reasonable for the quality of the hotel.

Based on our two experiences here we definitely will stay here again on our next trip through the area. The location is especially good for anyone traveling through Durham on I-85 and wanting close access to the Interstate highway.

Room Tip: For the most quiet room ask for a room facing the street and not the interstate, and ask for a room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We've stayed at this Holiday Inn perhaps 25 times in the past 9 years. We have always had a positive experience. My husband has received medical treatment at Duke (we live in WA state) and we've always been treated with kind professionalism. The folks who work there will absolutely go out of their way to ensure you have a pleasant stay. An added bonus is good wifi, a fridge and microwave in every room. Sure, it's not perfect, but...it's always clean, secure, and welcoming. We love it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business