“Best Burger in town!”

Bull City Burger and Brewery
Ranked #8 of 782 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Bull City Burger and Brewery is a locally owned, independent restaurant and craft brewery located at 107 East Parrish Street in downtown Durham, NC. We opened March 2011. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner 7 days per week with approximately 90 seats inside plus 60 seats of outside year round patio dining. We offer family friendly dining with a children's play area, as well as a semi-private meeting room for business gatherings, events and presentations all within full view of our own brewery. The restaurant is very much "farm-to-fork," working closely with North Carolina pasture-raised beef farmers supplying beef with no added hormones and antibiotic-free, that we grind daily to make our hamburgers and all-beef hotdogs. We work with other farmers growing vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumbers for pickles, and lettuce. The menu is streamlined with nearly everything produced on-site including house made buns, sauerkraut and bacon. We use no artificial sweeteners, no high fructose corn syrup, and no hydrogenated oils. We like to say we are like fine dining in a burger joint. We make the mustard, the slaw, the pickles, the mayo, the aioli, the hotdogs, the relish, the... We are Durham's oldest brewpub and THE local pasture-raised classic beef burger of Durham.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The best burgers in town! Everything is made in house, except for the ketchup! The selections of beer is awesome! Their fried pickles are to die for! The staff was extremely friendly and the atmosphere of the restaurant was really neat. Definitely a must while in Durham

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Went to Bull City Burgers to meet a friend while we were in town. Loved the atmosphere and felt comfortable bringing the kids. Really liked that everything was local. Tried the Vegie burger and it was delicious. Didn't love the paper thin fries, but the pickles were awesome. Beer was ok (tried the Pale ale), but not the best local beer in town.

1  Thank Cathy O
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I've given BCBB two or three chances to impress me. I wanted to like it. I loved the proprietor's previous work at the Wine Authorities, but I just haven't had a good burger here. And that makes me sad. Each time, the beef seems to taste old or gamy. Some have suggested that I may not be used to grass-fed beef, but that's not it; I've loved grass-fed beef at other restaurants. I may try again, but I'll probably just try a hot dog or something. There are definitely better burgers to be had in Durham. Lots of them.

1  Thank EdRockster
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The wife and I went for a date night recently to have some great burgers and beer. If you go, get there early as the place can get very crowded on the weekends. Their burgers were perfect, the fries were awesome and the beer was fantastic with lots of choices. Be warned, they can run out of things when the business is brisk. That just tells me that it's all fresh and not out of a freezer somewhere. This is one must try place in Durham if you are looking for great American food.

1  Thank Heath H
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I found this place on Google. We were on our way home from vacation looking for a place near I-85 to meet my daughter for lunch.
They open at 11:11am everyday and had Duck Frites. Just seemed like a place I had to try.
All of the burgers we had were great and cooked to order just the way I like the, Rare. I highly reccomend the Green Monster.
Good place for a family and they have a full bar. A unique place with GREAT food.
This is the place you want to go for a good burger and dog, not the place if you aare looking for an extensive menu.

1  Thank Kim W