“Fresh fresh fresh!!!”

Bull City Burger and Brewery
Ranked #9 of 763 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bull City Burger and Brewery is a locally owned, independent restaurant and craft brewery located at 107 East Parrish Street in downtown Durham, NC. We opened March 2011. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner 7 days per week with approximately 90 seats inside plus 60 seats of outside year round patio dining. We offer family friendly dining with a children's play area, as well as a semi-private meeting room for business gatherings, events and presentations all within full view of our own brewery. The restaurant is very much "farm-to-fork," working closely with North Carolina pasture-raised beef farmers supplying beef with no added hormones and antibiotic-free, that we grind daily to make our hamburgers and all-beef hotdogs. We work with other farmers growing vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumbers for pickles, and lettuce. The menu is streamlined with nearly everything produced on-site including house made buns, sauerkraut and bacon. We use no artificial sweeteners, no high fructose corn syrup, and no hydrogenated oils. We like to say we are like fine dining in a burger joint. We make the mustard, the slaw, the pickles, the mayo, the aioli, the hotdogs, the relish, the...
“Fresh fresh fresh!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Everything is so fresh and tasty! If the local tomatoes are not looking good, they don't serve 'em. They keep their standards high and you have to appreciate it. The fry seasoning is amazing. Oh, and so is the beer ;-)

• Turkish first
Holly Springs, Nc
“Best Burguers in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Excellent food and the service is great! Highly recomend this place for groups. A good option is to seat at the bar you have access to the full menu without getting in line.

Visited October 2013
Conover, North Carolina
“Easily the best burger in durham!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were traveling home from the running of the bulls in va. and decided to google best burger in Durham and about 10 joints popped up. I chose this one mainly because the reviews I read on line seemed a little better then the other places rated in the top ten. I was pleasantly suprised! The parking is on the street side which could be a little troublesome if they were crowded but the location seems more suited to downtown walking lunch traffic anyway. They werent busy so we were able to park just in front of the entry. Once inside its a very cool vibe. The decor is basically beer! They have their own microbrewery onsite and its viewable from the dining area. Theirs a nice little bar to the left and it has the coolest wine dispenser-chiller Ive ever seen. They have tables in the main dining area however there is an outside patio in the rear of the resturaunt. It was a beautiful day so we opted to eat outside under the pergola. The outside area is between buildings and seems protected if it were a windy day. When you order you dont sit and order from a menu. Its chicy, you go up to the counter where you pay and literally build your own burger from their list of ingredients. I ordered a burger with bacon, cheese, and a ton of different fixins. Trust me, all their fixins are awesome! They have several kinds of fries to choose from. I chose the duck frys which are basically shoe string potatoes and I would have preferred after to havehad the regular fries. Heres the skinny. The burger was the juiciest and best made Ive ever eaten. The patty was thick, fresh, and juicy. The bun was hand made and amazing. The sides are all local and fresh. When I say fresh I MEAN FRESH!!! The chef, cook or whoever is the master of the madness literally comes outside outback and picks fresh herbs and tomatoes and such. I mean fresh! The in house brew is clean and crisp and straight from the brewery. I have NO bad things to say about this establishment. Soft drinks from mason jars, excellent service and if not 4 hours from my home id eat here weekly! A tad pricey but you get what you pay for. It aint no mcdonalds! Pure and simple GREAT food!

• Visited August 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“A Life-Changing Burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Heard so much about this place, we had to give it a try. The burgers are life-changing.

I ordered a cheeseburger and it was amazing. Delicious bun, perfect meat, fresh vegetables. Then I tried my sons bacon and blue cheese burger and figured I had made a mistake not ordering that one. THEN, I tried my wife's bacon marmalade burger and knew it was the one. I have never had a better burger.

It's also a brewery, but we stuck with iced tea because we had just come from Fullsteam Brewery and were sort of beered-out.

It's a nice dining room with large, family style tables and just noisy enough to feel completely comfortable. The duck frites (fries cooked in duck fat) were outstanding. Public parking lot right down the street and parking is free after hours.

• Visited October 2013
Michigan
“Excellent burger and beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

This place was highly rated on TA and was pretty close to where I was staying, so I tried it. I had a bitter which was just right - not too hoppy. The burger was also tasty. I was sitting at the bar and the bartender talked me into adding bacon to the burger, but I could barely taste it. I think it was bacon bits. I also tried the sweet potato fries, which the menu said had a cinnamon flavor, but I thought the cinnamon was a bit overwhelming. Overall, points for the burger and brew.

• Visited September 2013