“Fun atmosphere with quality food and drinks”

Bull City Burger and Brewery
Ranked #7 of 791 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Bull City Burger and Brewery is a locally owned, independent restaurant and craft brewery located at 107 East Parrish Street in downtown Durham, NC. We opened March 2011. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner 7 days per week with approximately 90 seats inside plus 60 seats of outside year round patio dining. We offer family friendly dining with a children's play area, as well as a semi-private meeting room for business gatherings, events and presentations all within full view of our own brewery. The restaurant is very much "farm-to-fork," working closely with North Carolina pasture-raised beef farmers supplying beef with no added hormones and antibiotic-free, that we grind daily to make our hamburgers and all-beef hotdogs. We work with other farmers growing vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumbers for pickles, and lettuce. The menu is streamlined with nearly everything produced on-site including house made buns, sauerkraut and bacon. We use no artificial sweeteners, no high fructose corn syrup, and no hydrogenated oils. We like to say we are like fine dining in a burger joint. We make the mustard, the slaw, the pickles, the mayo, the aioli, the hotdogs, the relish, the... We are Durham's oldest brewpub and THE local pasture-raised classic beef burger of Durham.
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this place and it was a great find. Their beer and burgers were delicious and the set up made it a fun interactive experience. The staff was helpful in walking us through their menu and their seating/delivery process.
The quality of the food was great and their homemade ice cream was delicious. Check it out!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were in town with my son for a college tour of Duke, and found this place just a few minutes from the campus. The atmosphere was casual and great for lunch. We walked up to the counter and ordered our burgers and some fried pickels. We were there at lunch time and it was pretty busy, so we ended up sitting with another family at a larger table. The fried pickels were amazing, we even ordered another batch. Everyone tried a different type of burger and we all enjoyed out choice. Another neat feature for us being from out of town was the fountain sodas were all local North Carolina soda in flavors like Birch Beer, and Black Cherry. I would definitly go back here next time in Durham.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been on the hunt for great burgers since finding the show "Burger Land" on the Travel Channel. While in town I wanted to try BCBB based on the reviews here and on yelp. I liked it just fine, but those reviews may be a bit inflated.

I sat at the bar and was greeted and given food and beer menus by a hurried young lady, and then ordered from her also. I got the Bryant Bridge Ale, which was very good, and actually got another. As an appetizer, I ordered the "Bull Nuts", which I suppose are "NC grown crunchy peanuts with our house made bacon, sugar, and salt". Sounds awesome! I say "suppose" because our burgers came, and we never got the nuts. Oh, well.

I ordered the Over Easy Burger---bacon and local NC farm fried egg, cooked medium. The meat was medium, but the egg was well done. I do look forward to the joy of cutting into the burger with a fried egg and having the yummy yolk coat everything, but it was not to be. The burger itself was on the small side (3-4 ounces max before they cooked it), but fresh, although not a ton of flavor. I like to taste the beef alone to see how it is seasoned, if at all, and there wasn't much there. I don't like to mask everything with a ton of condiments...the burger should stand on it's own without any help. The bun was fresh and good, and the bacon was nice, also. I had a side of fries which were also good.

All in all is was a good experience, but unless I was close by, I probably won't veer too far off my path to come back. You may love it, as many obviously do (even getting the BCBB logos tattooed on their bodies for 26% off for "life"), but for me, my search continues.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We happened to be in Durham looking for teenage friendly grub on a Friday night and stumbled on this place that a friendly bystander directed us to. We hit it just before 7 pm and were lucky to get a table for six. They have burgers. That's pretty much it. Three of six voted it as great. One Did not like the hot dog and one had the veggie burger voted as great. Toppings are plentiful but can add up. Sodas are real sugar variety with free refills. Beer made on site was tasty. Sweet potato fries yummy!
Recommended for teens. We were in and put in an hour.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had the veggie burger because I wasn't in the mood for meat, and wow...the best veggie burger I've ever had. I ordered mine with the over easy egg on top and bacon, with tomatos/letuce/onions...so great. Please do yourself a favor and go eat a burger here. Also the sweet potato fries are also very good. Great place to kick back with friends while eating a burger and drinking some beer. The beer is good too!

1  Thank etapanes