“Highlight - Free Fries”

Bull City Burger and Brewery
Ranked #7 of 789 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Bull City Burger and Brewery is a locally owned, independent restaurant and craft brewery located at 107 East Parrish Street in downtown Durham, NC. We opened March 2011. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner 7 days per week with approximately 90 seats inside plus 60 seats of outside year round patio dining. We offer family friendly dining with a children's play area, as well as a semi-private meeting room for business gatherings, events and presentations all within full view of our own brewery. The restaurant is very much "farm-to-fork," working closely with North Carolina pasture-raised beef farmers supplying beef with no added hormones and antibiotic-free, that we grind daily to make our hamburgers and all-beef hotdogs. We work with other farmers growing vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumbers for pickles, and lettuce. The menu is streamlined with nearly everything produced on-site including house made buns, sauerkraut and bacon. We use no artificial sweeteners, no high fructose corn syrup, and no hydrogenated oils. We like to say we are like fine dining in a burger joint. We make the mustard, the slaw, the pickles, the mayo, the aioli, the hotdogs, the relish, the... We are Durham's oldest brewpub and THE local pasture-raised classic beef burger of Durham.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I went for a late lunch, so it was not busy. I asked for the lightest beer they had on tap, but it was too hoppy, so I only tasted it, then ordered a tea. The taste was not their fault, however, the bartender looked at the glass several times, even after refilling my tea, but never asked me why I wasn't drinking the beer nor did he offer to take it off my tab when I asked for my bill. I ordered a burger medium, and with one bite it was obviously rare. When I politely asked if it could be cooked a little more, it was returned to me well done, no pink. Staff was friendly, but did not have good customer services, in my opinion.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Have been here 4 times recently, sat at the bar each time. Bartender is consistently helpful and provides very good service. Good selection of beer. They use locally sourced food and offer creative items. The bowl of pickled stuff is not to be missed and if the pretzel sign is lit up you should definitely order a pretzel. Have enjoyed everything I've ordered here.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The burgers here we had were very tasty. Very red but I dealt with it. They were borderline TOO salty but they were just tasty all around.
The pickle chips were interesting but the mayonaise dip paired with them very odd. We didn't get to try much more but we will be going back for burgers next time we're in the area.

p.s. I think they do tattoos in there. go figure!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was really excited when I heard this place was opening - a microbrewery with custom burgers. Been there 3 times and each time I'm less impressed than the prior. The beers are "ok," Carolina Brewery beats them on every aspect. The burgers are good but over priced.
The one redeeming value, for others in my party anyway (I wasn't too impressed), were the Duck Frites.

Plenty of other better, both in quality and value, then schlepping downtown and hunting a parking spot.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We came here with high expectation because it was highly recommended by a friend. It was just an average burger restaurant and a little expensive for what you get. The restautant was packed. I don't know what make's it so popular, maybe the beer. If you don't mind average over priced burger it's ok.