“Beer and burgers all made on the premises”

Bull City Burger and Brewery
Ranked #8 of 780 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Bull City Burger and Brewery is a locally owned, independent restaurant and craft brewery located at 107 East Parrish Street in downtown Durham, NC. We opened March 2011. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner 7 days per week with approximately 90 seats inside plus 60 seats of outside year round patio dining. We offer family friendly dining with a children's play area, as well as a semi-private meeting room for business gatherings, events and presentations all within full view of our own brewery. The restaurant is very much "farm-to-fork," working closely with North Carolina pasture-raised beef farmers supplying beef with no added hormones and antibiotic-free, that we grind daily to make our hamburgers and all-beef hotdogs. We work with other farmers growing vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumbers for pickles, and lettuce. The menu is streamlined with nearly everything produced on-site including house made buns, sauerkraut and bacon. We use no artificial sweeteners, no high fructose corn syrup, and no hydrogenated oils. We like to say we are like fine dining in a burger joint. We make the mustard, the slaw, the pickles, the mayo, the aioli, the hotdogs, the relish, the... We are Durham's oldest brewpub and THE local pasture-raised classic beef burger of Durham.
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This restaurant is also a micro brewery with some excellent beers, I have't had one I didn't like! Also they make everything on the premises, from the ground beef to the patties and in season when there are enough tomatoes, even their own ketchup. The burgers are delicious and you really should try their house made hot do, best I have ever tasted.

There are newer reviews for Bull City Burger and Brewery

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have been here multiple times and have tried several different menu items. Everything was great except for the chili on the hot dogs. It had a bit too strong a chili powder flavor. The place is a little on the loud side, but since I don't go in there to whisper, it is not a big issue.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband loves a good beer and enjoyed the ones they offered thoroughly. You order at the counter and they bring your food to you after, it's not fancy just a burger place. I'd definitely go back though.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

craft beer and amazing burgers in one place? Now I want to move to Durham. Amazing beers brewed right there on the spot and very creative and interesting burgers. I bet by the time you tried them all they would invent another one and you'd just have to keep coming back.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is not your average microbrewery. The burgers are cooked to perfection with just a tad of pink in the center. The normal fries are good, the duck fat frites are exquisite. I had the Green Monster which features Gruyere, roasted poblano peppers, and onion. It's always hard not to order it again, but I have on occasion tried the burger of the day. The beers are phenomenal. I've not had a bad one and the Black Lager was the best I've had outside of Sam Adams Chocolate Bock fresh in Boston. If that isn't your thing, they have a good selection of wines and a Boylan soda fountain. Yes, you just read that right. They have a whole soda fountain of Boylan beverages. Amazing.