“Slow Service!”

Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Slow Service!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I recently went to this restaurant for dinner with colleagues while in the area for a conference. I understand we had a large party (8), but the service was unreasonably slow. It took almost 2 hours for us to get dinner with no appetizers. The food was okay, but not worth the wait. I would not go back again if I were back in the area.

• Visited February 2014

new jersey
“A gret place”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stopped by for dinner. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. The wings were out of this world as was the burger. I highly recommend.

Visited January 2014
“Will never go back”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Just moved to Durham last week and really wanted to find a great place to watch football and drink beer. Walked into the Ale House in Durham around 2pm last Sunday. There were three employees standing at the podium. One was mugging down his girlfriend, the other male was chatting on his cell, and the female employee just couldn't be bothered and was leaning on the podium staring at the two who were all over each other. No one acknowledged us, asked us if we would like to be seted or anything. No other customers were waiting so it wasn't that they were busy. I finally asked if they worked there or if someone else could help us. The chick just stared at us, the couple ( one of whom I assume was still on the clock) came up for air, and the employee on the phone looked over at us. Minutes passed. Crickets. I then asked if we could at least see a menu. The guy on the phone reached around the girl propped up at the podium and handed us a menu. I was starting to think she had perhaps been injected with some sort of body numbing fluid since she obviously was unable to speak or move. Wait. I stood corrected when we handed the menu back and I said we'd just go somewhere else where the employees actually cared and she decided that that was the appropriate time to wake up and say something derogatory about me and my partner. Nice. I guess she was just prejudiced or lazy or both. I wrote first to the management and to corporate but they haven't bothered to answer and so I guess the not caring about their customers goes all the way to the top. I will never go back. I work too hard for my money and choose to go somewhere where I'm appreciated.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank SpyderMac8
Newport News, Virginia
“Mother's Day Lunch”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I liked the atmosphere in this restaurant. Lots of college paraphernalia, and was able to watch various sporting events throughout. We have deliciious sandwiches, and do not recommend the house Banana Split UNLESS you have at least 1-2 other people to share it with! YUMMMMMM!!!!

Visited May 2013
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
“Great place for lunch.”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Buffalo shrimp salad is a ton of food. Served in a taco shell with tomatoes and cucumbers. I have had other things here for lunch but nothing as good as this one. The amount of shrimp on this salad is excellent. A bit on the spicy side

• Visited March 2013