“Nice dinner for a reasonable price”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #45 of 785 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Loved the fried Mac & Cheese. I had the Shepard's Pie. Mother had a hamburger. Was really good although I could only eat half of it. Very nice atmosphere with a tab of $44 for 2 people. Again, I love upscale environments with regular people food and great prices.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Tables are REALLY close together! We came in for dessert. Two pieces of cheesecake and two coffees plus a little tip cost us 25.00.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Food tasty and plentiful. Reasonably competent service.
Very, very loud and chaotic.
Ok, but nothing special or memorable.
Kids liked the desserts.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Some advice: Starve yourself for a couple of days before going to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. As others here have said, the choices on the menu are varied and numerous.

One person at my table ordered the smallest Ceasar salad available - at any other restaurant, this salad would have been really large! I ordered the avacodo BLT from the "Skinnylicious" menu... supposedly under 600 calories... but I felt stuffed after eating it! Glad I didn't go with the burger I had my eye on at first. Others at the table had the shepards pie and the "skinnylicious" chicken enchiladas. All were better than average, but not great.

THEN we ordered cheesecake - the real reason you come to this place. Even though I was pretty full already, I shared a piece of the chocolate coconut. Our friends shared a piece of the currently featured Oreo cheesecake. Both were unbelievably good.

I really liked our server. She was attentive, friendly, and helpful. Price seemed a bit high.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

In terms of offerings, it's not much different to other chains of family restaurants, but what sets the Cheesecake Factory apart for me, is the selection of offerings on the menu which are to my liking. Tastes in food tend to be quite personal but for me, I rate a restaurant as very good, when I like everything on the menu !