“Wild Blueberry, White chocolate Cheesecake.”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #38 of 764 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Wild Blueberry, White chocolate Cheesecake.”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The title should say it all... It was very delicious! I did get regular food as well. The Chicken croquettes were amazing as were the corn fritters! I got a cuban sandwich which was okay...

Visited March 2012

• Greek first
Winston-Salem, NC
“Delicious Food; Huge Portions”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The entrees here are quite good and extremely generous in size. And the cheesecake is heavenly. One warning--it gets very crowded on weekends. Curbside pickup is a nice alternative.

• Visited February 2012
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Ummmm Ummmm Goood”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

The Cheesecake Factory in Durham is wonderful, the staff is always nice and the food is GREAT! The Miso Salmon is always a treat, you can get it with rice or without but it melt's in the mouth. The Wotan appetizer is also great. The new Hershey Chocolate Cheesecake with Chocolate Chips is a chocolate lover's dream come true. Very good, very, very, very good! Overall great place to eat and experiment with new choices. Keep up the great work and Phillip is DA BOMB!

Texas
“Consistently great food.”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We usually eat at the Cheesecake Factory in Dallas but were in Durham and wanted a good meal. We weren't disappointed.
Great food and great service. The portions, even lunch size, are still huge. Someday we'll learn to split a meal.
Yes we would go back as everything we've had has been very, very good.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Overrated and Overpriced BUT heavenly cheesecake”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I visited The Cheesecake Factory for the first time to celebrate my birthday with my boyfriend. We were lucky to arrive when we did because once we received our pager, the lobby became overcrowded. After a 20 minute wait we were escorted through the crowded restaurant to our booth. The ambiance was alright - just loud. We were seated near the kitchen and we heard the staff dropping things throughout our meal.

It was very difficult to find something on the menu that each of us would like. After 15 minutes, I decided on the fried shrimp platter and my bf ordered the meatloaf. The server conjured up a little story about a "meatloaf connoisseur" raving about the meatloaf that they serve -- that was the only reason why my bf ordered it. The meatloaf was smothered with onions and mushrooms and included mashed potatoes with gravy and corn succotash. The shrimp basket included coleslaw and fries. My boyfriend didn't enjoy the meatloaf and the shrimp was just okay. The shrimp had sort of a burnt taste to it and the fries were obviously old and reheated or something. After eating 30-40% of our meals we asked the server to put the rest in to-go boxes and we ordered dessert. I opted for the Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake which was unbelievably delicious (the white chocolate was too much - would have been perfect without it). My boyfriend ordered a peanut butter and banana milkshake with honey and it was good - just couldn't taste the peanut butter.

I think they should just serve cheesecake and leave the food alone. They obviously put more effort into the cheesecakes. The have a "Skinnylicious" menu that has lower calorie meals but there aren't many options other than salads. The menu should offer half-portions because there is no way that someone can eat that much food in one sitting. Both of our entrees cost a whopping 14.95 each and our drinks were 2.95 each. Dessert was 7.95 for me and 6.95 for him so we spent over $50 + tip for a mediocre meal and dessert.

IF I were to ever visit again, I'd just order an appetizer and get dessert because the meals aren't too special. I've had way better meals at Chili's and Applebee's.

1 Thank TatetheGreat

Been to The Cheesecake Factory? Share your experiences!