“In a word - Excellent!”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I am of German descent, and have been to Germany and didn't really like the food. My family and I dined at the Bavarian Brathaus this past weekend, and it was by far the best meal I've had in a long time!
We were looking for schnitzel, and the Brathaus offers 8 - 10 variations of sauces or toppings, with the choice of using chicken, pork or veal. We all had a different entree, and all were delicious.
And then there's all the choices of excellent imported beers.
The food and drinks, together with the decor and atmosphere, made it a wunderbar experience!

2  Thank wannagetaway613

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Is a wonderful place to have dinner. The restaurant has a warm and friendly atmosphere. The staff was helpful and informed. The food was great as was the authentic german beer. I especially liked small plate specials. Dessert was excellent too. Overall a very enjoyable experience.

1  Thank Charles S
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Sehr Gut! Vielen Dank! Food and service was awesome. Thanks for the great dinner.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We also went on a Wednesday during the early evening so that no crowd made for exceptional attention from the owner and the wait staff. Beer queries were answered in detail and the descriptions were right on the money. All the beers were delicious! The food complemented our beer selections and were tasty in their own right. We even had some room for dessert with the new small plate offering. Full dinners were also available but we were concentrating on the beer! all together a most agreeable experience.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband grew up in Germany and cooks German food on a regular basis. We were glad to see the Bavarian Brathaus open so close to our home in Durham. However, the sausages are a bit pricey and do not taste as authentic as what hubby makes at home. While I enjoy the variety of beers available and the atmosphere, I think a menu with some a la carte selections under $10 would make us want to visit more often .