“Great Pizza!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Portland, Oregon
“Great Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have eaten here twice in the past couple of months. I always thought their pizza was good, but they have improved the crust and it is MUCH better. Nice crispy, chewy thin crust. I usually get the spinach pizza with feta and ask them to please add mushrooms. Delish! My husband and I split a caesar salad to begin with and I had enough pizza left over to eat it twice more for lunch. Nice patio to sit outside, too. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank txtravelgrl

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Food and service were pretty good. This is a good choice for late night, especially when other nearby restaurants are closed. Prices were very reasonable.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Kat0425
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Had a good time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Went there during Triangle restaurant week. Had a $20 prix fixe dinner. The staffs was friendly, not bad. They served the food pretty fast. The baked salmon was good but I didn't like them mixing fridge temperature tomatoes with cooked vegetables on the sides. The contrast was awkward. Banana pudding was good. Didn't enjoy the vanilla gelato. I still wonder if they came straight from Kroger. You can conveniently park right next to the restaurant. Nice atmosphere. They have $4 martini on Tuesday (double check) and $4 margarita on Thursday (or Friday?). The cocktail was decent. They also have a bacon margarita. I didn't feel too adventurous to try that day though.

• Visited June 2012
Durham, NC
“A great, reasonably priced meal at a lovely place with a neighborhood feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I go to Vita quite a bit and we have never had anything but really good food and service. We usually bring our own wine and the corkage fee is an amazingly reasonable $10--always a plus. Last night I ordered the red snapper special and there was something odd about the fish--it just wasn't up to their usual standards. We called the waiter and had barely uttered the words, "This fish just isn't right", before he whisked away the platter and brought a fresh one, which WAS exactly right. He also comped our dessert for our trouble.

The food is very fresh, the specials are fun, and the place isn't so big that you feel lost. Eating outside on their patio on a beautiful night is very pleasant. For those who say skip Vita and go to the restaurant next door, Cafe Parizade: they are owned by the same person, so you'll get basically the same food at Parizade, for about 1/3 more in cost, plus the service is slower.

(I do wish the management at Vita would take out the TV over the bar--it's awfully distracting when you're dining and with the volume off, what's the point? But I have a big prejudice against the ubiquity of televisions.)

• Visited October 2011
Los Angeles, California
“Go next door to Parizades”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2011

I ate at Vita on a random night and was extremely disappointed. The bread was the best part of the meal. I did not like my dish - seafood pasta. My boyfriend said the lasagna was so-so. The service was not very good.

I would suggest vita for the bar scene, but definitely not for dinner.

If considering Vita for dinner, I would suggest that you walk next door to Parizades.

• Visited February 2011