“Had a good time.”

Add it.
Vita
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Went there during Triangle restaurant week. Had a $20 prix fixe dinner. The staffs was friendly, not bad. They served the food pretty fast. The baked salmon was good but I didn't like them mixing fridge temperature tomatoes with cooked vegetables on the sides. The contrast was awkward. Banana pudding was good. Didn't enjoy the vanilla gelato. I still wonder if they came straight from Kroger. You can conveniently park right next to the restaurant. Nice atmosphere. They have $4 martini on Tuesday (double check) and $4 margarita on Thursday (or Friday?). The cocktail was decent. They also have a bacon margarita. I didn't feel too adventurous to try that day though.

There are newer reviews for Vita

Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I go to Vita quite a bit and we have never had anything but really good food and service. We usually bring our own wine and the corkage fee is an amazingly reasonable $10--always a plus. Last night I ordered the red snapper special and there was something odd about the fish--it just wasn't up to their usual standards. We called the waiter and had barely uttered the words, "This fish just isn't right", before he whisked away the platter and brought a fresh one, which WAS exactly right. He also comped our dessert for our trouble.

The food is very fresh, the specials are fun, and the place isn't so big that you feel lost. Eating outside on their patio on a beautiful night is very pleasant. For those who say skip Vita and go to the restaurant next door, Cafe Parizade: they are owned by the same person, so you'll get basically the same food at Parizade, for about 1/3 more in cost, plus the service is slower.

(I do wish the management at Vita would take out the TV over the bar--it's awfully distracting when you're dining and with the volume off, what's the point? But I have a big prejudice against the ubiquity of televisions.)

Reviewed February 2, 2011

I ate at Vita on a random night and was extremely disappointed. The bread was the best part of the meal. I did not like my dish - seafood pasta. My boyfriend said the lasagna was so-so. The service was not very good.

I would suggest vita for the bar scene, but definitely not for dinner.

If considering Vita for dinner, I would suggest that you walk next door to Parizades.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

Vita is a nice little place good for a quick dinner. My friend had lasagne and I had the ravioli of the day, which was 4-cheese I think. The sauce had meat, which I don't eat, so I had marinara. Ravioli is awful if the sauce isn't perfect and Vita has really good marinara. It's such a light sauce that it is often too sweet but their was great.