“Great food, Great taste, Great people!”

Pomegranate Kitchen
Ranked #142 of 763 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, North Carolina
“Great food, Great taste, Great people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

I have been at this place many times which it was recommended by my friends.
We were happy to hear they cater and we made sure to choose the place for our next office luncheon!
I would love to see the place to grow and would love the idea of healthy food with great flavor.

• Visited January 2011
2 Thank Robertfriends

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Spectacular aroma, flavor and texture”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2010

You choose from a couple of soups and stews, accompanying rice, and bread and a piece of chocolate for $9.50 (tax included). The dishes are fairly bursting with flavor. These gifted ladies have a way of taking organic fare using fresh, local NC produce and turning it into a feast of Lebanese and Persian delights. The few choices do change daily, but they always seem to have the delectable Pomegranate and walnut stew. We also tried the cupcakes, yum, and they offer bottled water and green tea. Seems these delightful ladies, Mitra and Mally, consider their cooking a labor a love and I believe their mission is to get us to eat healthfully without giving up spectacular aroma, texture and flavor.

To get to their courtyard and kitchen, you must drive along the service road by New Hope Shopping Center in west Durham right off of I-40. I recommend it for take-out on the way home from work. They cater as well.

As they say on their website, it's local fare with an international twist.
There's only outdoor seating for now. I'd be pleased to see this place grow!

2 Thank ILikedTheColor